Cybrary Certifications/Courses

KiyoriKiyori Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is there any value to the certifications or courses offered by Cybrary? The "Entry-Level Cyber Security Analyst" sounds good, but I haven't started in on it.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They have lots of great learning material, I can't imagine their certifications are worth anything on your resume.
  • SeabSeab Member Posts: 127
    I'm watching one at the moment. When you already have certification, it is great for CPE Points. But for learning from the beginning, it is an awsome ressource. But, same as everything, don't use it as your only ressource if your are starting in the field and want to build up a career. If I see that on a resume, I will understand the effort and intention, which might be enough to make you start in the domain. As a 'free certification', they are great. If you compare to SANS, ISC2, Security+, they are more recognized by the industry, HR, etc, but they are not free, nor cheap.

Do a quick search for free certification on this forum, many companies offer them for free. Qualys is a great exemple, I've been through the training and it is a great value. Solarwinds is another exemple but didn't test it.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    free is always good, I watched the whole CASP series and still bombed the test though.

however i am still watching it for the CISSP
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • tpasmalltpasmall Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Do vendors recognize CPEs from Cybrary?
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes. I have submitted 1 or 2 cybrary videos to ISC2 and they were accepted. I only do it if it identifies how many CPE's or CEU's it is worth.
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    They're good training resources especially since it's free but the certifications are not valuable.