GPEN study update

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior MemberPosts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey Guys

So after a long 4 months of studying and work life etc, It is almost time for me to take my GPEN exam!! My exam is 1 week away! I have finished my index for the exam just a few mins ago. One thing I have to give for advice, to make a solid index, don't wait till the last minute or it will be horrible. It took me 3 weeks to make a solid index (at least in my opinion and it works for my mind). I took 1 of my practice exams for GPEN and passed without my index!! I did use the books however for a few answers but most of it was in my head from studying and practicing for OSCP and from having the CEH. With that said, I am going to be taking my 2nd practice exam tomorrow with my index to see how I do. For anyone who has taken the GPEN recently, can you provide any insight in regards to areas they were really tested on? From my exam report, most areas were a 3 out of 5 star or higher with my 1 and 2 stars in areas like vulnerability scanning (which in my opinion they asked some dumb questions) but that's just me. My main question is this, since I was able to pass a practice exam without an index, how close is the actual exam to the practice exam? I have heard mixed things. Also, did they finally remove the percent mark after every 15 questions?

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Practice exams are just like the real one, no worries mate.

They took off the 15 question interval score due to new certification body reqts. You're grandfathered into the old 15-question system if you registered for the class before they took it away. If you're at the end of your 4 months then you probably won't get the 15 question interval score, sorry.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So I took my last practice exam for GPEN and passed!! I second guessed myself on some questions where my score could have increased. With that said, I know my weak areas I need to focus in on this final week and make slight changes to my index. I made a pretty solid index imo. Exam is the 25th. Hope everything works out. Would be nice to have GPEN in my signature and resume!! :)
    Trust me I'm glad they don't have the 15 question interval!!! :) That stuff messes me up!! Just spending these final days just reviewing my manuals and making my index all pretty and easy for exam day!! Found a few things I wanted to add in my index for exam day! Next time you hear from me will be my exam results!!
    Well anxiety is setting in now. Final few days till the exam. I passed both my practice exams but I still don't feel ready. I don't want to pay more money for another exam attempt!! Can anyone provide any insight into the GPEN exam? I have a good index in my opinion at least!
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If it were me, I might run through the labs again and listen to as much of the videos or MP3s as possible.
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well anxiety is setting in now. Final few days till the exam. I passed both my practice exams but I still don't feel ready. I don't want to pay more money for another exam attempt!! Can anyone provide any insight into the GPEN exam? I have a good index in my opinion at least!

Be confident. The real test is only a smidge harder than the practice ones. If you have doubts, look it up via the excellent index ....

There are lots of questions about specific syntax, don't be afraid to look that up to get it right. Know your UNIXy terminal basics,
    like the tty command. You got it. Just go do it.