Anyone starting OSCE soon?

JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
HeyTE,

I recently completed the SLAE course (which was really great by the way, I learned a lot and strongly suggest it). So I decided to go ahead and give the CTP challenge a shot. The first part of the challenge was really easy. The second part was surprisingly easy as well. I completed the whole thing in about an hour. So that said, I was wondering if anybody is planning on starting the CTP course soon? I'll be registering hopefully in the next few days once Offsec has sorted out my email issue.

Who's up for the challenge?

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I'm not, but will definitely follow your thread.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SLAE course? which one is this, do you have a link?

Looks like you buried that CTP course. You seem ready for the OSCE.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Need to actually finish the OSCP myself! Definitely looking forward to your thread!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    chrisone wrote: »
    SLAE course? which one is this, do you have a link?

Looks like you buried that CTP course. You seem ready for the OSCE.

It's this one Assembly Language and Shellcoding on Linux « SecurityTube Training. You can also get just access to all the videos they have for $39 a month.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Jasmin, would you recommend this training.. I am not ready for it yet. but the pricing is fine.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    It's this one Assembly Language and Shellcoding on Linux « SecurityTube Training. You can also get just access to all the videos they have for $39 a month.

Ah ok nice! I am a member for a year and some now. Sadly I have only taken 1 class and I spend all that money .....doh! I will have that course completed by the end of the year before I take on CTP like Jasmin. I am hoping I pass OSCP by July/August.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @SteveLavoie, if you're talking about the SLAE course, yes I recommend it before going for the OSCE. It is also a good idea to do it before the OSCP but it's still possible to pass the OSCP without it.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The only OSCE thread I recall seeing as JollyFrogs, who passed theirs. JF did a nice write-up on the exam and had high praises for the SLAE course in preparation for the exam.
  • LinuxedLinuxed Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'll be taking the OSCE soon, now just finishing the SLAE. DM me
  • mokazmokaz Member Posts: 172
    Did OSCE a year ago, yes SLAE is what i've went trough as well before OSCE.
    OSCE is cooler then OSCP, you've got your machines for you only and it's more of a debugger kingdom so to say.
    Go for it, I've danced and shaked like crazy once that last exam host was tooo'ed =)
  • deyavideyavi Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the OSCE (if you didn't finish it already lol). I just passed my OSCE exam this week. It was a tough one but very rewarding!
  • Cyb3rS3cCyb3rS3c Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi

I'm doing now SLAE exam and next week my OSCE lab will start.
    how OSCE with you ? and any advising that will help me in OSCE ?

Thanks
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I decided to only start it in September. Things got busy at work so I'll be doing the GWAPT first since I'm mainly doing web app pentesting for now. And I live in Canada and we only get 3 months of summer per year so I want to take advantage of that and not spend time inside on my laptop all summer long like last year when I did OSCP!
  • saragurusaraguru Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cyb3rS3c wrote: »
    Hi

I'm doing now SLAE exam and next week my OSCE lab will start.
    how OSCE with you ? and any advising that will help me in OSCE ?

Thanks

I also did my SLAE recently ( only the course and some assignments ) and booked my OSCE lab for 23rd July. Planning to do some more study before my lab time begins. How long did you get your lab?