One of Two Day "11th hour" Bootcamp?

dayglodayglo Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Background: I've been in the security field full-time for over 10 years. At my current position there's been changeover at the very top and it's trickling down to my level. I'm over 50 and decided that in order to make myself appear more relevant I need to add certifications on my resume. (and since I added a few in the last two years I have seen a major difference, but that's another debate not for this thread).

Anyway, I attended a two-day CISM bootcamp the week before my exam. While the bootcamp was SUN-MON 8am-6pm and very exhausting, I did feel it helped me prepare for and pass the CISM exam.

Are there any one or two day CISSP "11th Hour" bootcamps someone can recommend?

Comments

• kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Most CISSP bootcamps are about 5-6 days long. I can tell you from experience that it is completely exhausting. With that being said, you are better off doing that one on your own. Now you might be able to find a CISSP prep class that lasts 1-2 days. If you want another cert to get you prepared for that 250 question exam, start with the SSCP (which is 125 questions). Now that one you can do on your own easily. Grab this book on Amazon (http://amzn.to/2nqSVM6) as that will be all you need to pass. It comes with a DVD and testing engine.

If you really want to invest in a bootcamp, look at trainingcamp.com or look at this older threads on this site.
  • soccarplayer29soccarplayer29 Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Some ISC2 conferences has a 2 day bootcamp ((ISC)² Security Congress 2017 - Pre-Conference Training | Online Registration by Cvent). These sessions likely just scrape the surface of each domain and won't go into the detail you need but these also include onDemand CISSP videos which could be useful.

I did a trainingcamp 5-day bootcamp and found the lectures/presentation helpful as a refresher but would recommend studying ahead of time so you're not overwhelmed by the information.
    Certs: CISSP, CISA, PMP
  • EZstreetEZstreet Member Posts: 18 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied Sybex and Official CISSP CBK for about 3 months prior and did a TrainingCamp.com 6 day back in May of 2016. Totally exhausting - class, review, studying in hotel = 14-15 hours/day. Saturday morning 4 hours of exam prep and review then sat for exam at 1:00 I did pass on first attempt and don't think I could have done it without bootcamp.

Very expensive but I think worth it -- and my employer did pay for it.

EZ
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Agree with soccarplayer29 and EZstreet
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    EZstreet wrote: »
    I studied Sybex and Official CISSP CBK for about 3 months prior and did a TrainingCamp.com 6 day back in May of 2016. Totally exhausting - class, review, studying in hotel = 14-15 hours/day. Saturday morning 4 hours of exam prep and review then sat for exam at 1:00 I did pass on first attempt and don't think I could have done it without bootcamp.

Very expensive but I think worth it -- and my employer did pay for it.

EZ

Same here, I really enjoyed the trainingcamp boot camp as exhausting as it was... well worth the money especially if you can get work to pay for it :D
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke