This is what persistence looks like, gentlemen.

PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
A year and a day later, finally got there.

Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
Working on - RHCE

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I love it! Those Microsoft exams are INTENSE! I had to retake 70-640 once, but I only passed the 70-642 on the 4th try. Awesome job!

I hate to ask, but did you have to pay for all the exams yourself? Mine were partially paid by my tuition.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats and hats off to you. I would've quit at the second fail. Respect.
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks guys,

PcTechLinc. I paid for all of my Server 2008 exams. My company paid for 70-680, and the first attempt at 685. I was too embarrassed after failing to ask for them to pay for resits. Haha

With the server 2008 exams I bought a booster pack for each one, so it wasn't too bad though
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE
    For anyone wondering, even though it's not listed on the Microsoft website, this still counts towards an MCITP.

Just unexpectedly came up on my transcript! Made a good day even better. :D
    Working on - RHCE
  • thatguy67thatguy67 Member Posts: 344 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done. I hate Microsoft exams the most.
    2017 Goals: []PCNSE7 []CCNP:Security []CCNP:R&S []LCDE []WCNA
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow that's inspiring! You are a hard worker!! Congrats!!
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nicely done sir icon_cheers.gif
  • PJ_SneakersPJ_Sneakers Member Posts: 884 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Nice! Those desktop exams are not any easier than the server exams. I failed that one too, luckily I had a second shot. The booster packs and second shot are good to take a little edge off the pressure!
    Cheers guys.
    Working on - RHCE
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome job! I failed that one and passed with minimal scores on my second attempt. If I had failed I am certain I wouldn't have taken the exam again. Too much stress.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • doubleodoubleo Member Posts: 27 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This reminds me of exam 70-697, a pretty tough nut to crack. Congrats!
    2018 goals: CCNA
  • scoobydoesscoobydoes Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice job! I have had exam days like that. A really great feeling when you overcome your self doubts.
  • clarkincnetclarkincnet Member Posts: 256 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a hacker an exploit, and they will have access for a day, BUT teach them to phish, and they will have access for the rest of their lives!

Have: CISSP, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT, ITIL-F
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! 70-686 was tough, I failed that the first time. For anyone doing that to get their MSCA Windows 7, go find the video online called "deployment acronym soup" (or something like that). If I find it, I'll post. You need to have terms like DISM, WAIK, MAP, ACT, MDT, ImageX, APP-V, MED-V, WDS, SCCM all down solid. Its tough!
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I tip my fedora to you. icon_thumright.gif
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • JasminLandryJasminLandry Member Posts: 601 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, that really is persistence!
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Congratulations, and good job on sticking with your studies.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Maykon.rdsMaykon.rds Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey,
    Congratulations!
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    Very well done indeed. Shows real dedication.
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Well done and good job.
  • t9ar91t9ar91 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks boys
    Working on - RHCE
    dragonsden wrote: »
    Congrats! 70-686 was tough, I failed that the first time. For anyone doing that to get their MSCA Windows 7, go find the video online called "deployment acronym soup" (or something like that). If I find it, I'll post. You need to have terms like DISM, WAIK, MAP, ACT, MDT, ImageX, APP-V, MED-V, WDS, SCCM all down solid. Its tough!

I'll keep a look out for this, thanks. Although I'm already pretty familiar with all of this terminology from doing other MS exams. Besides MAP.. No idea what that is.
    Working on - RHCE