CEH Training Videos

steviedstevied Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello all,

I'm interested in going down the CEH route in the near future, however I don't have the money for the actual course. As an alternative to a book, has anyone either used or heard anything regarding the CBT Nuggets training videos for this?

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=250

Would appreciate your feedback\thoughts.

Thanks

Comments

• CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    stevied wrote:
    Hello all,

I'm interested in going down the CEH route in the near future, however I don't have the money for the actual course. As an alternative to a book, has anyone either used or heard anything regarding the CBT Nuggets training videos for this?

http://www.cbtnuggets.com/webapp/product?id=250

Would appreciate your feedback\thoughts.

Thanks

I dont know if you can really go wrong with CBT Nuggets.
    Although you may want to look at this http://www.careeracademy.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=74.
    It doesnt turn out to be cheaper but you get security+ training aswell.
    Just a thought.

*NOTE* I think if you talk to a rep you could possibly talk them down if you are short on cash like all of us stuggling students.
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
  • geekiegeekie Member Posts: 391
    IMO James Conrad is an excellent teacher so I think you should go for it!

I've been thinking about going for the CEH too icon_rolleyes.gif
    Up Next : Not sure :o
  • CessationCessation Member Posts: 326
    geekie wrote:
    IMO James Conrad is an excellent teacher so I think you should go for it!

I've been thinking about going for the CEH too icon_rolleyes.gif

I have the training... Just need to get through at LEAST my MCSA2k3 before I start anything else.
    (Note I did purchase mine)
    A+, MCP(270,290), CCNA 2008.
    Working back on my CCNA and then possibly CCNP.
    (Note I did purchase mine)

My firm pays for mine (phew!) Not sure my boss would sign off the CEH training though icon_sad.gif
  • keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've not actually had time to audit those nuggets yet. So I can't really comment on how good they are and how much they help in preparing you for the exam. Hopefully I'll get around to taking a look at them in the next few weeks. But I would advise that you ask about version information and things of that nature. Version 5 of the class manuals just shipped two weeks ago and the exam will be changed again in the very near future. So I'd make sure the material is pretty close to what's on the current version of the exam. While I agree, Conrad is an excellent intstructor, one can't teach what they haven't been exposed to. So make sure you ask your sales person a CBT how current the nuggets are.

Keatron.
    But I would advise that you ask about version information and things of that nature. Version 5 of the class manuals just shipped two weeks ago and the exam will be changed again in the very near future. So I'd make sure the material is pretty close to what's on the current version of the exam

Thanks for the info Keatron!

I just ordered this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certified-Ethical-Hacker-Exam-Publishing/dp/0789735318/sr=8-1/qid=1164903860/ref=pd_ka_1/026-3241274-4416408?ie=UTF8&s=books

am hoping it won't be too out of date icon_rolleyes.gif
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    I know im almost necro'ing this thread just wanted to say i recently started watching a couple of the CBT nuggets for the CEH at a mates and would recommend them.

Got too ingrossed and was 2 hours late for meeting guys down the pub! icon_lol.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
  • steviedstevied Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Any of you guys used the Career Academy videos for the CEH? I've managed to get a copy from Ebay.

Can't find the CBT Nuggets though.