Cyber security news

Ryan9764Ryan9764 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
What website do you go to for cyber security news? I want to learn as much as I can about cyber security.

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    sans has a few newsletters to sign up for
    krebsonsecurity is always good
    security now podcast

Twitter for technical stuff. i follow most of the senior sans instructors, their companies, the developers of the major hacking tools, and most of the major cons. a sample:

@eric_conrad
    @gentilkiwi
    @nullcon
    @DidierStevens
    @shmoocon
    @SecurityBSides
    @BlackHatEvents
    @defcon
    @kalilinux
    @nmap
    @daveshackleford
    @brucon
    @metasploit
    @mattifestation
    @enigma0x3
    @harmj0y
    @PyroTek3
    @beefproject
    @TrustedSec
    @iagox86
    @mubix
    @DerbyCon
    @joswr1ght
    @securityweekly

also for the major cons - after each con(vention) they post (usually on youtube) all of the presentations - watch the ones that interest you. lots to learn there, esp. the dedicated red/blue team ones
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    https://www.morningstarsecurity.com/news is good. also sign up for the cyber wire email... thecyberwire.com their podcasts are good a well
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    I've been using: Dark Reading | Security | Protect The Business - Enable Access for years and its provided a wealth of IT security news. I also check out https://arstechnica.com/ from time to time but that's more tech related news with the occasional coverage of security.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    News are composed by other people whose interests are guaranteed to be at least slightly different than yours.

Use your own news feed by subscribing to interesting blogs via RSS/Atom (you also defeat ads using this method). Found new interesting blog? Add it. Some blog started posting too much crap? Kick it out.

This way you won't get stuck at one place, as your feed will evolve with your own advancement and change of interests.

Ready to use news outlets are for lazy pussies. icon_razz.gif
  • jcundiffjcundiff Member Posts: 486 ■■■■□□□□□□
    News are composed by other people whose interests are guaranteed to be at least slightly different than yours.

Use your own news feed by subscribing to interesting blogs via RSS/Atom (you also defeat ads using this method). Found new interesting blog? Add it. Some blog started posting too much crap? Kick it out.

This way you won't get stuck at one place, as your feed will evolve with your own advancement and change of interests.

This! As part of my job functions, I produce a smaller version of the cyberwire that I send to about 500 people in all areas of our company, I think I have about 50-60 different rss feeds coming into my outlook client daily from which I pull articles from. Plus about 10 different google search feeds on different terms such as "Exploit Kit" "EMV", "Credit Card Fraud" "Cyber Crime" etc
    "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard" - Tim Notke
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162

Watch out, we got a bad ass over here.
  • PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    SANS Stormcenter podcast is my first "news flash" in the morning with Alexa. From there, Krebs is another great one.