Exam Insurance from Microsoft

tweakingittweakingit Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/insurance/default.mspx

Exam Insurance????

If i take the website correctly this only applys to those who are paying for Training.

What do you think about this?

Comments

• amyamandaallenamyamandaallen Member Posts: 316
    thats how I read it too - what a frigging waste of time!

this has left me well annoyed icon_mad.gif
    Remember I.T. means In Theory ( it should works )
  • deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Oh, no way! $1500+ for a training course to qualify for exam insurance - why did they even bother to mention it. I'd pay$25 extra on my exam for insurance, but having to shell out for classroom training to get the insurance? To heck with that.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
    does rather seem like a non starter, eh!
  • porengoporengo Member Posts: 343
    I think it makes sense for those who find it challenging to self study. Many need a more structured environment because they don't have the discipline study on their own. So, this offer makes sense for that group of people.

As for me, I can self study with the best of them. However, there are times where outside distractions can prevent me from giving myself the quality study time I need. A structured environment eliminates the distractions, commits me to study at a scheduled time and provides me with live interaction with an instructor and fellow students.

For those that need a classroom structure to study I'd say that the insurance is a no brainer. For those who are great at self studying it wouldn't make sense to go that route.
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I decided to call the number from the Exam Insurance Locator (which was New Horizons near me).
    Anyway, I asked them if anyone can purchase this or if it it only reserved for those taking classes ect....

They told me that this is available to anyone. You just need to find the Exam Insurance location near you through Microsoft website and call the number provided. Then you purchase the voucher.

Hope this helps everyone out. I know it has helped me to decide to move forward on my certs again.
    worked this out as costing around £51 for me and the exam is only £88. So not too sure this is now worth it as thats nearly the price of the exam anyways. icon_cry.gif
  • OpiOpi Member Posts: 127
    i just called a centrum near me
    I pay 190€ excl. tax, and i can retake an exam when i fail, 25% reduction on next exam if i pass.

Because the price of regular exam is 140€ excl. tax, this is worth it for me :)

less stress :D
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    Funny, there's a New Horizons here in Tampa, yet they aren't listed as an insurance agent here in Florida.
    So much the better. I've had less than satisfactory dealings with them.
  • PeterrustPeterrust Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello

I am peterrust. New to this forum. First of all i say thank to everyone in this board.

I have a doubt. Can anybody clarify them?

I heard so many types of insurance services. But now only i came to know there is exam insurance. I really don't know. Can anybody tell me what is meant by exam insurance?
    How it is different from other insurance services? And what are the benefits?

Can anybody help....

Thanks in advance.

With regards
    Peterrust.
  • wpiersallwpiersall Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After having to dial 3 times... got the right number each time, just when it would begin ringing overseas it would drop the line after 4 rings.

Spoke with two reps who have explained that Microsoft will be start the Exam Insurance again and the it would be sometime time this month. No idea when just that with the changes in testing delayed the beginning of Exam Insurance.
    Who is General Failure and what is he doing in my computer!!