70-697 Prep time 2 3 4 5 months?

sukarnofsukarnof Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have been prepping to write this exam for past month and half, just finished the book... still need to practice few labs.. how long it took for you fellas? appreciate any of your input. How long did take u to write this exam?

Comments

• analogkid1968analogkid1968 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I think I took about 2 months, maybe a little less. I studied most nights after work for an hour or so, and on weekends I spent a few hours on Saturday and all day Sunday a couple of times. I read the book once and skimmed back through it 2 or 3 times, lots of Technet Articles, some YouTube videos (just to make use of time while on my treadmill).

I took pretty much the entire 2 hours to take the exam. Had to mark about 10 or so to go back and think about (and I was sure i got all of those wrong). then I tried to go back and review every question, even the ones I was sure on.
  • sukarnofsukarnof Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So exam is timed for only two hrs? How many questions? We have access to go back and forth in the exam for recorrect the answers?
  • egis.degis.d Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had 30 minutes left after checking all answers second time, so 2 hours is completely enough I believe. Questions differ from 48 to 52.
  • Quench24Quench24 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Are you just starting? If you need a study partner let me know, we can chat on Discord or somethin'.
  • drdeanydrdeany Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I studied 1 month before my first try in at the end of January where I scored 650. I'm taking 70-697 again on 3/29/17 after studying another 2 months. I've been through SkillPort (useless), CBT Nuggets (better). I've read the Microsoft (green) book (not helpful). I've worked through Transcender questions at least 4 times and am now getting 80% success. It's the "correct" order of steps that kill you!
  • culpanoculpano Member Posts: 163
    6 weeks to 2 months. Don't spend months and months over it. You'll forget stuff you learnt at the beginning. Get a decent overall grasp of all the areas. Often you won't need to go into too much detail in the particular area. For 70-697 you'll need to subscribe to Office 365, Intune and Azure. You need to play about in the interfaces to see how they work.