Ucertify for Linux+?

airzeroairzero Member Posts: 126
I read a lot of you have used Ucertify to prep for Linux+ as part of the WGU degrees. I don't go to WGU but I would like to get Linux+. With Ucertify's "Spring35" sale you can get 35% off the courses. Would it be worth it to get the Linux+ material and use that to study for the two exams? Or should I get other material as well.

As background, I do have a year or so experience using various Linux distros. But I've never gone deep enough to know admin level knowledge, so I'm hoping this will help bridge my skills gap.

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I heard this website is a good resource, I haven't used it personally though.

https://linuxacademy.com/linux/training/course/name/linux-lpic-level-1-exam-101

$19mo or $228 for yr
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am doing Linux+ through WGU so i actually have access to uCertify and I can tell you it sucks, pretty much it's like being thrown from a diving board into a diving pool without knowing how to swim. I had to ask for Labsim by TestOut which is much better, also I highly recommend ITPRO.TV
  • espi_251espi_251 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    airzero wrote: »
    I read a lot of you have used Ucertify to prep for Linux+ as part of the WGU degrees. I don't go to WGU but I would like to get Linux+. With Ucertify's "Spring35" sale you can get 35% off the courses. Would it be worth it to get the Linux+ material and use that to study for the two exams? Or should I get other material as well.

As background, I do have a year or so experience using various Linux distros. But I've never gone deep enough to know admin level knowledge, so I'm hoping this will help bridge my skills gap.

Airzero, linux academy is great, but I would highly recommend reading the book below.

CompTIA Linux+ / LPIC-1 Cert Guide by Ross Brunson (Author), Sean Walberg (Author)

Best of luck!