Passed A+ (901 - 02/25 & 902 - 03/18)

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
901 - 67 questions 3 sims, scored 832
902 - 78 questions 4 sims, scored 807

Studying
Didn't do any studying for these, just did some practice tests. Cert Master, Darril Gibson's iPhone app and Total Seminars were the practice tests I used.

Cert Master
Not bad info, just not real close to the actual test. The A+ cert master was closer to the actual tests than Network+ and Security+ Cert Master, but that's not saying much.

Darril Gibson's iPhone app
Good app, like every other one he does. I bought the bundle with Security+, Network+ and A+ all together for ~$18, if I remember correctly.

Total Seminars
To me, these are the closest in wording to the real CompTIA tests (Security+, Network+ and A+) that I've tried.

Summary
I've been in the industry a long time so I checked where I was with the practice tests and verified I hadn't forgotten everything before attempting the tests. It's been a while since I did any desktop support. I thought I'd go ahead and get these (Sec+, Net+, A+) before moving on to CASP and CISSP. Now on to the CASP.
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow! Fantastic job. :)
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • paulipauli Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • paulipauli Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    total seminars - I am planning t use it for practice does it have simulation questions?
  • JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • codingfanaticcodingfanatic Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Way to go! And thanks for the information. I'll see if it'll fit my study routine.