PDF vs mailed certs

EntmtaEntmta Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
Is there a difference? I know some companies will charge x amount for a physical copy to mail. But couldn't I just download the PDF (if its offered) and print it out if I wanted a physical copy?

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you buy the physical copy, they print it on "Premium" paper. I always opt for the PDFs myself. I always end up losing the paper copies, including with my degrees.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • EntmtaEntmta Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    PCTech that is my thing too. I'd likely loose the official copies. For my certs I think printing them out from the PDF for my records is the easiest way to go. What is considered "Premium" paper?
  • GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    No difference...you can print it on papyrus if you want to. The PDF copy expires at the same time the paper copy does. :)

I throw my paper copies into a folder in a drawer.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Entmta wrote: »
    PCTech that is my thing too. I'd likely loose the official copies. For my certs I think printing them out from the PDF for my records is the easiest way to go. What is considered "Premium" paper?

I think something like linen resume paper or the sort. Think of us dollar paper.

Anyhow, I've ripped my ccna, lost my others, and dont really care. Go for the PDFs.
    The only thing I want framed, and which does come as a plaque, is CCIE.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    These days I prefer digital on almost everything!! I have a few certifications framed and my degrees but that's about it. The rest I have as PDF's to save space on my wall. icon_lol.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    These days I prefer digital on almost everything!! I have a few certifications framed and my degrees but that's about it. The rest I have as PDF's to save space on my wall. icon_lol.gif

Hahaha yeah more room for Cisco Commands on my wall!

My gf's sister, when she was in med school with a house full of other med students had posters of everything on every inch of every wall. Kitchen, bathrooms, hallways.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • EntmtaEntmta Member Posts: 31 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have my certs (all two of them!) framed..well, I have what I printed off from the PDF framed. Once I move forward and get more certs, and get higher level certs, I'm probably not going to frame them all lol
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hahaha yeah more room for Cisco Commands on my wall!

My gf's sister, when she was in med school with a house full of other med students had posters of everything on every inch of every wall. Kitchen, bathrooms, hallways.

Haha that's cool. I'm a minimalist need room for my Club Nintendo posters :p
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually get a paper copy and order the PDF version as well because I'm weird like that.