Changes to Microsoft cancellation/reschedule policy

blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
I noticed this today when I was scheduling an exam. Total money grab.

Reschedule Policy

Effective through April 30, 2017

If you need to reschedule an exam appointment you must do so at least one full business day (24 hours) before the appointment. Rescheduling an exam less than 24 hours before scheduled exam or not arriving for your scheduled appointment is considered a no-show and is subject to forfeit of the full exam fee.

Effective May 1, 2017 and beyond
There is no charge if you reschedule an exam appointment at least 6 business days prior to your appointment. There is a fee of 12.5% (based on the current Microsoft exam price as published on Microsoft.com/learning) for rescheduling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date. If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or dont reschedule your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.
You may reschedule your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website and choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must reschedule through the call center.

Cancellation Policy
Effective through April 30, 2017
If you need to cancel an exam appointment you must do so at least one full business day (24 hours) before the appointment. Cancelling an exam less than 24 hours before scheduled exam or not arriving for your scheduled appointment is considered a no-show and is subject to forfeit of the full exam fee.

Effective May 1, 2017 and beyond
There is no charge if you cancel an exam appointment at least 6 business days prior to your appointment. There is a fee of 12.5% (based on the current Microsoft exam price as published on Microsoft.com/learning) for cancelling your appointment 5 business days or less before your exam date.

If you fail to show up for your exam appointment (no-show) or dont cancel your appointment at least 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, you forfeit your entire exam fee. Business days are Monday-Friday, not including holidays.

You may cancel your appointment by calling the Pearson VUE call center, contacting the test center where your appointment is scheduled, or accessing the Microsoft Learning website and choosing the reschedule action. If you registered with accommodations, you must cancel through the call center.
IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
Working on: RHCE/Ansible
Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...

Comments

• gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Really minor thing IMO. I have I believe much more than a dozen MS exams under my belt and I never had to reschedule or cancel.

Just plan better, "force majeure" isn't really something that happens often.
  • njclay2004njclay2004 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm so glad this isn't in effect yet because I rescheduled my test three times, moving them up because I realized I was too antsy to wait 2 weeks.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I had never run into a reason to reschedule in the past, but over the past several months I have had to reschedule exams twice for work and family emergencies. Stuff comes up.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm convinced MS did this because of me icon_lol.gif I've rescheduled my 70-410 three times because of family and work related distractions. I just happened to notice this policy change a few weeks ago when I went to reschedule. Good thing I caught it in time because I was less than 6 days out.