Options

CompTIA Commends House Repeal of FCCs Privacy Rules

SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□

Comments

• Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Maybe they are looking into selling exam takers PII to third parties, LOL.

Anyways, not that big of a deal, IMO. Besides, from anyone who is outraged about this repeal, I'd expect to never use any google services and android devices.

I've seen some getting outraged and posting it from Android devices which made me laugh.
  • Options
    mog27mog27 Member Posts: 302
    Time to look into VPN solutions. Their business will skyrocket I'm sure.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Ben Franklin

"The internet is a great way to get on the net." --Bob Dole
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    So basically Comptia is glad that they do not have to notify you whenever they sell your information to advertisers. This was a bigger deal at the ISP level and big companies like Google or MS. So now expect nothing to change in terms on your privacy rights. The bill is axed and your info is still being sold. This rule would basically have given you the power to opt-in or out. Now that choice is taken away.
  • Options
    SvobodaSvoboda Member Posts: 95 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Maybe they are looking into selling exam takers PII to third parties, LOL.

Anyways, not that big of a deal, IMO. Besides, from anyone who is outraged about this repeal, I'd expect to never use any google services and android devices.

I've seen some getting outraged and posting it from Android devices which made me laugh.
    That is the response I keep seeing posted. Personally, I think there is a big difference between using a free Google (or whatever company) product/service compared to a product/service you pay for.

With CompTIA starting up their new IT Pro association and advertising rag, this is a timely win for them. Gotta sell those ads and now they can offer comprehensive prospecting to those companies, too.
  • Options
    gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Svoboda wrote: »
    That is the response I keep seeing posted. Personally, I think there is a big difference between using a free Google (or whatever company) product/service compared to a product/service you pay for.

Technically it depends on how much do they charge. What if they'd have to charge more if they don't profit from ads?

Anyways, here's an alternative opinion on this:

https://cei.org/blog/six-reasons-fcc-rules-aren%E2%80%99t-needed-protect-privacy

according to which they can't sell anything without user's content.