Passed SSCP

Osa_ahlawyOsa_ahlawy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Folks,

I passed today SSCP. The exam isn't that hard. But it's tricky and you have to be able to think clearly in order to pass.
I thought after the first 30 questions that I am going to fail. But I made icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

I used, Daril Gibbson'S AIO and read a CASP guide and finally used the sybex app for test questions.

I recommend everyone to read something extra, a CASP guide or a CISSP guide. Don't ever think that the AIO of Daril Gibosn's will ensure your success

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    First congrats!

I agree with you, the exam is not that hard. And as you.. the first 20-30 question scared me. I putted 75% of my "To review" question on those first question, then I went all right. I came back and it was not as bad.

Darril Gibson's AIO is definitely not enough. Most of the question, I wasn't sure was from material not in the AIO. I found most of my answer in the CBK.

I would recommend a quick reading of SSCP CBK at least.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! I also thought I was going to fail. It felt like I was guessing on all of the answers. When I finished, I reviewed all of answers and felt confident that I had gotten at least 111 of the 125 questions correct. I guess it was just nerves.

I also used multiple sources. I started with the Darril Gibson AIO and then went on to the relevant sections from CASP and CISSP study guides and the Cybrary CASP and CISSP courses. I also re-studied all of the technical items that I had to learn for Security+.
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• t9ar91t9ar91 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • mritorto2mritorto2 Member Posts: 61 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, I passed a month ago

go for cissp next
  • Osa_ahlawyOsa_ahlawy Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys. As I don't have enough experience. I will move for CCNA Security then CCNA Cyber Ops.
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
  • capricorn80capricorn80 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulation.

I am thinking about going for this exam. I have started reading Darril book.
    I have done CCNA and CCNA security and got knowledge about security.

Anyone can share some exam guide so that I can test my level?

Thanks
  • capricorn80capricorn80 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Osa!

When you say something extra from CISSP. Which topics are you refering to?

If we have to read CISSP then why not go for CISSP exam :)

Thanks