Passed my Net+ today

edgg51edgg51 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
I was a bit unsure when I hit click to end exam, and the dreadful time going through those surveys made me extremely nervous. But when I got to the score page and saw that I passed (757 score) gave me a feeling of relief. I literally studied for more than 12 hours a day for the last 3 weeks and I used these resources:

Comments

• p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! Do you have much experience?
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • edgg51edgg51 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks!
    I don't have any experience in networking, I have only worked as freelance computer tech. I'm hoping with these two certs will land a job in IT to really get into it.
  • t9ar91t9ar91 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • NissekiNisseki Member Posts: 160
    Congrats on your success.

Got any top tips for the exam?
  • edgg51edgg51 Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks @t9ar91 & @Nisseki. One thing that helped me a lot was taking the 30 minutes they give to read the agreements to write down a few terms and steps that could come up in the exam. I did a table to convert decimal => binary =>hexadecimal. I also did a table to help with subnetting so I wouldn't have to be doing hard calculations during the exam, I wrote the OSI model, troubleshooting steps, basic forensic procedures, and IP classes. That really saved me a lot of time during the actual exam, I finished in about 78 minutes.
  • Thoth_DhwtyThoth_Dhwty Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • marianonamorosomarianonamoroso Member Posts: 48 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
    congradulations
  • Deus Ex MachinaDeus Ex Machina Member Posts: 127
    Congrats, that test is a bruiser.
    "The winner takes it all"
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.