Options

1st 8-hour practice lab tomorrow!

MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
Well, here I go...

I'm using IEWB-RS workbook version 3, I believe. Time to see how the big boys play.

Comments

• Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Good Luck MrD! icon_thumright.gif

At this rate you'll be a CCIE by Christmas icon_santa.gificon_eek.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    Hmmm...I'm putting my money on next Christmas icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    MrD wrote:
    Hmmm...I'm putting my money on next Christmas icon_eek.gif

Is that for getting your CCIE? Attempting your first Lab Exam? Or finishing this first practice lab? icon_lol.gif

I took the approach for my first labs that time didn't matter... and I spent many fine hour researching topics in the online documentation. But I did limit each lab to just a weekend. Oh -- and I used the old obsolete ones in the Cisco Press books so I wouldn't "waste any of the good labs." Now with the IE, IP, NLI, and NMC labs -- I'm hoping I can get through most of them before Cisco changes the lab icon_lol.gif

Did you do the IE Core Labs?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    That's for passing the lab...I'm planning my first attempt for May. I haven't done the core workbook, but am thinking about getting it. Heard good things.

Yeah I'm not worried about the time either...just making sure I fully understand all of the technologies being used is my primary goal at this point.
  • Options
    DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
  • Options
    Definitely will do. Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    good luck, and remeber with the IE labs, no books allowed only the docs CD!!

Lab 1 sets the trend! my first internetworking expert lab, I looked in the doc cd more than I ought to, which was a good indication I wasnt ready for it.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    It went pretty well. Had to use more than just the docs CD, though :)

I just started the Internetwork Expert Class on Demand...80 hours! I'll let everyone know how they are.
  • Options
    Well, I just finished 4 hours worth of the IE class on demand. I was going to stop for some NFL, but I'm in a groove and think I'll do another 4 hours :)
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    wildfire wrote:
    good luck, and remeber with the IE labs, no books allowed only the docs CD!!
    And searching on the doc CD is not allowed, you should know where to find what by using the Index.
  • Options
    Alright, I gotta call it quits for the day. 11 hours of vid's is enough...tunnel vision :)