Passed 200-125!!

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I went and took the test on Wednesday night and passed it. Before I started I noticed I had more questions than what the website said would be on the exam, which is weird. But, hey, I passed!

Main study methods were:

INE CCNA series - work pays for a subscription.
Chris Bryant - Udemy. The course is great, and I recommend it.
CCNA official books. Odom is a dry author, but if you want the facts that are well-explained, get it!
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • t9ar91t9ar91 Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks! Since I passed the ICND1 (CCENT) a number of years ago, does that mean that I get sent a new CCENT certificate?
    CCNP R/S
  • PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Taking the composite exam will renew your CCENT, but only if it didn't expire. If it expired, then you just get the CCNA certificate. You could always go back and take that exam, since you know you'd pass! LOL

Congrats!
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Chev ChelliosChev Chellios Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well done mate, saw your post over on reddit :) Any ideas on how you're going to tackle the NP yet? I'm currently compiling a list of resources myself. Thinking of INE & Bryant combo, how did you find them for NA?
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass, well done!
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dontstop wrote: »
    Well done mate, saw your post over on reddit :) Any ideas on how you're going to tackle the NP yet? I'm currently compiling a list of resources myself. Thinking of INE & Bryant combo, how did you find them for NA?
    For NA they were both really good. The INE series was very in depth on routing and switching (obviously). Probably a little bit too in depth, but I feel as though it's preparing me for the NP series. I have been debating back and forth on whether to go NP or NA:Security. I convinced myself over the weekend that I was going the NA:Security track, then I started the videos on INE and hate them. The guy is pretty hard to understand and he says "um" a lot. For me, that is incredibly distracting.
    CCNP R/S