Testout.com reviews

This website seems pretty amazing, I am using the 7 day trial right now.

Video learning incorporated with some text, quizzes and tests and labs.

Anyone use this before?

Comments

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have used it, but found it incredibly boring. Maybe it was the instructor...I haven't tried it in awhile, so I am curious if they have improved or not.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • superbeastsuperbeast Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yes my school uses TestOut for their Intro To Networking class and Computer/Network Security class. It can be rather boring. We used to have fun with one of the instructors, Rob Tracy.
  • ConquererspledgeConquererspledge Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Robb Tracy is a legend. I use it for the linux pro. I love him.
  • HaroldGHaroldG Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I really like newer Testout courses. They are a great study aid in preparing for exams. However they can be tedious and boring at times.
  • cowillcowill Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yea Robb Tracy is one of the premier cats in regards to Linux certs... We've used them at school. I mean they are ok. Like others have said, kinda boring. They overwhelm you with a lot at one time. However, I will say that if you need to pass the class and not pay attention to the info, its very easy to get around and just do that. You won't learn anything doing it that way obviously.
  • Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think TestOut is great, like others have said, its integrated into many university courses.
    I've used it for 70-410 and 70-411.

the lab simulations are great and worth its price alone.
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree
  • RepliconReplicon Member Posts: 124 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got 7 days trial in the past. Liked their lab, I am whats not to like, you can configure things on the go. Regarding the material, I found it too broad, too many unnecessary things, the videos were nothing special and for the price... big no... ITpro.tv is much better for the bucks.
  • TSaLTSaL Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I loved it for Linux+.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used it for A+ and a bit of CCNA stuff back in the day (pre-2010). I honestly didn't know they were still around.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    i thought it was great for my CCNA studies, and the Security stuff is pretty good too
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • byron66byron66 Member Posts: 169 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Rob Tracy teaching me the wonderful world of PC Pro. I remember it like it was yesterday. Good times!!!
    CCNA   A+   N+  Sec+
  • geekdivergeekdiver Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I found testout to be HORRIBLE and wouldn't wish their service on my worst enemy. icon_cheers.gif
  • SecChiSecChi Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Used it to study for Net+ .. found the labs helpful. I tried it for Sec+ but I was less than impressed.