Hi Folks,
    31st March I going to take the exam!
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Maykon.rds wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    31st March I going to take the exam!

Good luck
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• BigKodiakBigKodiak Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I sat for the 697 exam for the first time last night. I passed with an 811. I started by using the ITPro.tv course and then work paid for the two MS courses and used the skillpipe reading materials. After that I used the Exam Ref and cross referenced many of the TechNet articles referenced. Lots of study time. I would guess close to 150 hours total investment.
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm stickin' this thread, lots of good advice and resources here. icon_thumright.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • drdeanydrdeany Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Took the 70-697 yesterday (3/30/17) and passed with 777. I failed first time I took it in January.

I used notes posted in this thread, Transcender, old CBT Nuggets by Conrad (which I got from my company), and Microsoft green book.

I must say that the parts of the test that I found most difficult are the Managing Devices with Intune and the Hot Spots that require you to know the correct order of steps. I don't have access to Intune and the trial I had didn't really help as I had to use it through Azure trial. And as my job doesn't really involve configuring and managing a Windows 10 deployment (I install software for a vendor), I just don't have the practical experience.

Good luck to those of you still studying.
    drdeany wrote: »
    Took the 70-697 yesterday (3/30/17) and passed with 777. I failed first time I took it in January.

I used notes posted in this thread, Transcender, old CBT Nuggets by Conrad (which I got from my company), and Microsoft green book.

I must say that the parts of the test that I found most difficult are the Managing Devices with Intune and the Hot Spots that require you to know the correct order of steps. I don't have access to Intune and the trial I had didn't really help as I had to use it through Azure trial. And as my job doesn't really involve configuring and managing a Windows 10 deployment (I install software for a vendor), I just don't have the practical experience.

Good luck to those of you still studying.

Well done!

Did any of the same questions come up again 2nd time round?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Quench24Quench24 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Using CBT Nuggets, Transcander tests, and plan on studying 2 hrs a day.

Planning on taking it late April.

697 that is.

Think I can pass in that amount of time? I'm 2 yrs experience in IT and find CBT nuggets to be obvious knowledge.
  • Maykon.rdsMaykon.rds Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed today with 802 points.
    I Studied CBT Nuggets, Microsoft Oficial book and AMD4EVER notes.
    I'm a MCSA Windows 8, This helped me in this Exam.
    This is my 17 Microsoft exam who a passed icon_wink.gif
    Quench24 wrote: »
    Using CBT Nuggets, Transcander tests, and plan on studying 2 hrs a day.

Planning on taking it late April.

697 that is.

Think I can pass in that amount of time? I'm 2 yrs experience in IT and find CBT nuggets to be obvious knowledge.

Including my retake, i studied for 5 months. As this was my first MS cert.
    Certifications:

• JGMorgJGMorg Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Timo1986Timo1986 Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yesterday I finally passed the 70-697 exam with a score of 828 on my 3th attempt. I'm very glad and like to share my thoughts about it:
    - First of all I don't understand why my score was so high, on the exam I hesitated about +- 17 / 51 questions (marked for review), the hardest thing were the questions with drag and drop and the "not all the options may be used once, or not at all", also there were series of questions with the same answers (10 different answers) where you have to chose how to implement an application (App-V, remoteApp, Hyper-V, install locally, install on VHD, install on VHDX,...) make sure to know the pros /cons from all these technologies)

- After my 2nd attempts (when I had 675) I didn't use the green study book anymore but focussed on the new CBT Nuggets of Anthony Sequiera. Especially the lab environment helped me a lot
    - I read technet articles as good as possible and tried to memorize the powershell commands
    - I went through all the transcender questions and also tried to understand why a question was right /wrong, the explanation is very helpful, also I made sure to know all the policies.

If anyone would ike advice feel free to ask
    Next up to 70-698, I will try to do this in +- 2 months
  • dlopez1006dlopez1006 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    JGMorg, anyway you could share the flashcard with me?
    thanks,
  • nwarfieldnwarfield Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Happy examing all!

I'm a contracted employee. We just had our contract renewed and one of the requirements of the contract was to get the MTA and MCSA certifications. I have been doing this type of job since 1987 and already have CompTIA A+, Network+, Project+, and Microsoft MCP (Configuring Windows XP) I did courses on Skillport and took practice exams on Transcender. However, I think what was most beneficial was I set up a laptop at home with Windows 10 pro and started playing with some of the things I didn't already know like storage spaces, bitlocker, etc. I also signed up for free trials of Microsoft Intune and Microsoft Azure. I took the 70-698 first and passed with a little breathing room. A week later I took the 70-697 (without doing any practice exams or studying) and just passed. When it comes to studying material for the exams, look at Microsofts page on the exam to see what it is testing on. Then focus your studies on the things you don't already know. Get a computer or laptop and play play play. It's the best way to learn. I would definatley focus on taking the 698 first then the 697. 697 covers some of the same material as 698 but goes into greater detail. It also focuses more on cloud services to brush up on them.

Good luck everyone!
  • hizzethizzet Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Holy **** the 697 is hard, I literally passed with 708. Got my MCSA within 2 weeks of doing 698. Buzzing !
  • tanaltanal Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Will be taking my exam end of June. I have finished MS press book - which I then found out here is useless icon_sad.gif. I'm half way on James Conrad CBT nuggets videos. Just wondering, should I do Anthony Sequeira CBT videos too?
    Do the Anthony Sequeira videos, it's more relevant and up-to-date date. Ignore the James Conrad videos, they are old and too long, it was because of Anthonys videos i passed 70-697 second time round.
    Certifications:

• Kryten2340Kryten2340 Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    AMD4EVER wrote: »
    This is it, the moment of truth. Got my test scheduled for this afternoon! 2+ months of studying. Hopefully I pass :)

I'm attaching the notes that I put together for this test. I collected them from a variety of different sources and I know there are some redundant notes in there because of that but I cleared most of them out. The notes aren't all inclusive because I didn't add in things that I already knew like the back of my hand but there is still a lot in there. Hopefully they are of some use to others.

Thanks for your notes, they were a big help. I took both the 697 and 698 exams today in one sitting (albeit a toilet break in between). Got 880 for the 697 and 905 for the 698.

The Pluralsight videos were also a good watch:

https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/certificate/configuring-windows-devices-70-697

https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/certificate/installing-and-configuring-windows-10-70-698

I also used the CBT Nuggets videos but I've found that Pluralsight is up to date (some of the 698 videos are based on the 1703 build) and to be honest I thought some of the info given on the CBT ones was questionable.

Also used the Measureup tests.
  • ben2techben2tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Cert Exam Prep: Exam 70-697: Configuring Windows Devices - BRK3171

Published on September 29, 2017. Microsoft Ignite by Alfred Ojukwu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNRMLNTwBVM&t=427s
  • ben2techben2tech Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Note:
    There are exam updates effective as of November 30, 2017. To learn more about these changes and how they affect the skills measured, please download and review the
    Exam 697 change document

http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/4/C/A4CC1D24-7BB2-4BD8-A6EE-473658F41113/697_OD_Changes.pdf
  • CarpfaceCarpface Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi friends! Just want to say that this thread was immensely helpful to me as I prepared for the 70-697, so thank you all! I'm happy to report that I passed it yesterday. I had to take it by the end of the year, but definitely wait a while if you can. The OS and other features (in O365, Azure, and Intune for example) have clearly evolved faster than the study material and exams.

This was my first IT exam I skipped a book for. I used CBT nuggets, Technet articles, Microsoft's Youtube's stuff, and the Transcender practice exam. It's been said, but I found the practice exam tracked the difficulty of the exam quite well. Again, though, I did notice it referencing some deprecated objectives. If I had to do it again, I'd probably risk it with the MeasureUp one. It's the official Microsoft test, so I'm hoping it's a tad more faithful?

The CBT nuggets series was a good basis, but I'll say that the trainer underestimates the depth of knowledge Microsoft expects in some areas. If he says something like: "there's NO WAY Microsoft would expect you to know more than this from an exam perspective," study that thing a bit on Technet! Technet is your friend for pretty much every item mentioned in the objectives. Also go through those videos more than I did (once for all, twice for around half). It sucks when you know how to do something in the real world easily in Powershell, but don't happen to remember the exact wording of a tab in the GUI icon_rolleyes.gif

Fire up an Azure AD for free and play with Intune also. I work with SCCM on a daily basis, so I think I was able to wing some questions that were about Intune but referenced similar functionality in SCCM. I really should have played more with Intune though.

Cheers again!
  • backtrackerbacktracker Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    ben2tech wrote: »
    Note:
    There are exam updates effective as of November 30, 2017. To learn more about these changes and how they affect the skills measured, please download and review the
    Exam 697 change document

http://download.microsoft.com/download/A/4/C/A4CC1D24-7BB2-4BD8-A6EE-473658F41113/697_OD_Changes.pdf

The test has changed again as of Dec. 15th, 2017. Seems like some rapid evolution as of recently. I used Panek's book(weak imho), MS-Press book, and MeasureUP. I think having run through the MTA Cloud exam "just for fun" recently helped me too with a lot of the material on this exam.
    MSM-ISS (Information System Security)-'07 Colorado Tech.
    MCSE | MCSA X3 | Security + | Network +
  • BRC-MicrosoftBRC-Microsoft Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I passed the 70-697 last month and there were many questions regarding VPN tunnelling and authentication protocols.
  • aaw1125aaw1125 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello all, I've went through the CBT nuggets and have read the book. I'm also going to a boot camp next week, so I'm very nervous in taking the test. Through CBT nuggets they have the test simulation from kaplan https://www.kaplanlearn.com/education/.

Has anyone have any experience using Kaplan?
  • goruby2goruby2 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    4 of us took the 70-697 test using the briefmenow site al passed with 80% +
  • goruby2goruby2 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • henry39henry39 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Pass your 70-697 exam easily in first attempt by the help of latest Microsoft 70-697 **** questions with valid answers. ************* provide MCSA 70-697 braindumps guaranteed success. We have updated 70-697 practice test questions and providing with Microsoft MCSA exam passing assurance.
  • PantherPanther Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Are Pluralsight and CB Nuggets the way to go?
    And those are videos?
    How much would those costs?

Sorry for the noob questions.
    I'm getting on the cert bandawagon again.
    Last time I did them was for XP and Vista. It's been a while.

I remember that MS Press Books did not prepare me well at all.
    Sometimes some of the info was not correct and it was frustrating, like I was proofreading the book or something, for their 2nd edition.
  • KalissieKalissie Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I Used CBT Nuggets. As lot of people said on this forum they are easy to understand. I highly recommend using them.
    Only downsize if it cost $80 for subscription. But found this when i was searching. hope it helps
    https://drive-ebay.onlineweb.shop/Microsoft_Windows_10_70-697,_70-698_Installing_and_Configuring_CBT_Nuggets_Videos/p5793553_19049558.aspx
  • Midkemia1978Midkemia1978 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    Did you find the practice exam on CBT Nuggets prepared you for real exam? the quiz questions on Anthonys course were pretty easy but the practice exam they give you was very hard I found. I think Anthony Sequira said it was by Transcender.
  • logisticalstyleslogisticalstyles Member Posts: 150 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It seems like at some point this year the CBT nuggets tests switched from Transcender to Kaplan. When I studied the 698 back in February it was Transcender, now while I'm studying for 697 it's Kaplan.