Finally have an industry Cert! I PASSED!

BBirBBir Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
Was fortunate enough to take a Global Knowledge MCSA: Windows 10 Boot Camp in mid-February and studied afterward with the Panek book. Passed 70-698 mid-March and passed 70-697 yesterday. The test were quite difficult as some of the material, on both, were not in the epress books, Panek book, or covered in the Boot Camp.

My 698 was heavy in storage space questions and my 697 was heavy in deployment automation with DISM/MDT/etc., and File History material.

The Panek book was a good read, although I used it more as a review and study guide than actually reading thoroughly and embracing all the material. I don't know if others have experienced Global Knowledge trainings before, but if you can I recommend it. Mark Menges was my instructor and he was absolutely fabulous. The material is very thorough and presented in an easy to understand format. I did the boot camp which made for a long week, a little over 60 hours in five days. But, their facilities were very nice and it helped us all relax and concentrate.

Good luck to you all as I now have my first industry certification and am feeling I have the "Cert Bug" that some have talked about here before. I have A+, Sec+, MCSA: Server 2012R2 and MCSE: Mobility in my sights for this year. Odd order, but that's how my employer has kind of laid it out for me.

Comments

• 4chib4ld4chib4ld Member Posts: 25 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on the pass.

The A+ should be a breeze for you. The SEC+ picks up the difficulty a little, but not much from A+. 70-410 through 412 take quite a bit of time, but it sounds like you're dedicated.

Keep up the work!
  • Madmd5Madmd5 Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! It definitely feels good to get the first one knocked out. It should be an easier transition for you moving forward!
  • malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, keep up the good work.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.