Options

CISCO CCENT Vs Boson Practise Exams

pujan96pujan96 Member Posts: 121 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get your guys opinion on the boson practise exams vs the ccent exam.

Ive been using tbe cisco press book and the lamme guide when studying for the ccent.

However when taking the boson tests im finding that questions come up regarding topics which arent even mentioned in the books at the level of depth in the boson test.

Ive read around and apparently the boson test is alot harder than the actual exam.

Is this true and can anyone give advice on how to better prepare for the real icnd1 test.

Thanks
Pujan
[X] CCNA R&S

[X] CCNP Route 300-101
[  ] CCNP Switch 300-115
[  ] CCNP T-Shoot 300-135

[  ]  NPDESI 300-550

[  ] CCIE R&S Written
[  ] CCIE R&S LAB

Comments

• Options
    scenicroutescenicroute Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I found the Boson exams extremely helpful for both ICND1 and ICND2. I'm not sure if the Boson was harder than the actual exam (hard to remember), but it does work out your critical thinking skills just like the actual exam does. In other words, it challenges you with more than just wrote memorization. Well worth the money IMHO.
  • Options
    emekemek Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The boson exam is similar to the real thing, but slightly more difficult (maybe like 5-7%). The reason you are seeing things in the boson exam that you haven't read about is because Lammle's book is not 100% comprehensive. Most people get the Lammle book because its an easier read, but the Odom book (Cisco Press) is the more complete book.

Once you can get around an 80-82% or so on the boson exam, without having seen the questions before, then you are likely ready.
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Neither book has 100% coverage of the exam topics. I'm also not convinced that reading both books alone will get you 100% either. I believe it's more important to read outside of the scope of the book and chase down more information through other sources (like Cisco's documentation). Personally I struggled with Lammle's style of writing which is very haphazard.
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I found the Boson exams extremely helpful for both ICND1 and ICND2. I'm not sure if the Boson was harder than the actual exam (hard to remember), but it does work out your critical thinking skills just like the actual exam does. In other words, it challenges you with more than just wrote memorization. Well worth the money IMHO.

This is some Good info guys that boston exam seems handy.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    Mike RMike R Member Posts: 148 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to buy the Boson materials to go with the practice test. Much like the OP I've found not everything needed can be read in the book and if Boson is as good with their materials as they are with their test it's money well spent.
  • Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    boson +1
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    We switched to Boson where I work, so +1 for Boson.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would have failed without boson. Neither book covers all of the material.