NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
edited September 2019 in CISSP

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    With all due respect, there will be no skimming of text book during your CISSP studies icon_lol.gif I don't think you truly understand the vast amount of information the text book has. Granted, if you are not working and have all day, then I stand corrected or you have 5+ years of security enterprise work experience and this subject is easy for you. icon_thumright.gif

Anyways good luck and I wish you the best, 2 months is a ridiculously small amount of time. icon_silent.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I hear ya! The CISSP practice tests are really good. You will know sooner or later where you stand with the material. I used two sources or practice tests CCCURE and CISSP Official practice test.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck! I used Sybex 7th Ed and cybrary videos primarily. I also used the McGraw Hill practice tests. They were from the old 10 domain test but were still relevant. For practice tests I relied primarily on Skillsoft but was averaging about 77-78% on all tests before I took the CISSP.
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Sari Greene videos are pretty good. The depth of content she lectures on is almost the same level as the Eric Conrad study guide but not as in depth.

You have your SEC+ so 2-3 months should be the right amount of study time.
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was just thinking of doing the same thing and after reading this, I signed up for the Safari subscription. I am planning 3 months of study or less.
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    Nice NetworkNewb! I plan to tackle the CISSP soon enough! Excited to see you pass this thing!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • gogoisgonegogoisgone Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Planning to take the exam on July 12th..wondering if we could do a study group...satishkarry is the id
    Want to do a study group? I plan to write the exam on July 12th...Ping me...
  • alias454alias454 Member Posts: 648 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @gogoisgone
    I might be game for a study group. I was thinking of sitting prior to July 15th so our timelines match up.

Op thoughts?
    “I do not seek answers, but rather to understand the question.”
  • paul78paul78 Member Posts: 3,016 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Hopefully have this all completed in 2-3 months.

For me - the best way when I took the CISSP was to just schedule a date for the exam and pay for it. It then keeps me focused that there is a due-date to complete the studies. I still ended up cramming at the end icon_smile.gif One of my buddies did the same thing but was a even bigger procrastinator and didn't start studying until a week before the exam.

Good luck.
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I agree with NetworkNewb on that. While I would have find the study group idea fun, it is so hard to coordinate work, family, study... that it would ruined the fun. I would participate in a Facebook group, it could be an intermediate solution.
  • jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've been thinking about scheduling the exam but it'll be a about a year and a half out though. I think I can go a year and two months at max when I tried to schedule the exam. Anyways, I'm reading the AIO now and it's a pain in the butt to read. Especially when the chapters are 1XX+ pages! It's really crazy that how in dept that some of the info goes and from time to time, I just feel like skipping some parts because I feel like I already know it from studying for the SSCP and from school.

Good luck on the exam and studying for it.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
    What date are you thinking?
    I just passed my security+ last yday...
    Text me at 408-256-2527 for a whatsapp group. I plan to start next week and ready to commit to an exam last week of june...Let me know.
  • OztexsOztexs Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Booked for 8am, Friday June 30th! Was thinking of booking the week after on Friday July 7th, to make it almost exactly 3 months. But not sure if I will be going anywhere that week being it's close to 4th of July and probably wouldn't get much studying done that week.

Bring it on! icon_study.gif

wow man .. thats the exact date I've booked for my CISSP exam !
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck with CISSP!! After I finish up some of these other certifications, CISSP is next on the band wagon! :)

Just wondering if anyone can answer the recommended amount of time to allocate for studying?

I know everyone is different etc. I'm thinking around 4-5 months of study should be enough provided I do 2-3 hours a day. Sound about right?
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I will be starting my CISSP studies in about two weeks.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
    Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...
  • CISSPorBustCISSPorBust Member Posts: 34 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I like the Larry Greenblatt videos, if you email him you can buy them for $100 instead of renting them on youtube.
  • Peanuts1236Peanuts1236 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am currently doing the safari videos right now. They are long but they are some of the best ones that I have seen. For study material right now I am using the FedVTE, PCTC, Skillport, Safari Books, CybraryIT, ISC2 Official Study Guide 7th Edition, and Practice book. I am doing it by domain like the list below.

__ Read Outline
    __ Safari Books Lesson 1
    __ Skillport Module
    __ FedVTE Module 1
    __ Reading Chapters 1-4
    __ CybraryMP3 Module 1
    __ PCTC Video Module 1
    __ Practice Test