Options

I passed 4/5/17

letapragasletapragas Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Omg I somehow passed just a few hours ago and I've already started drinking so....

So I have been studying since September and was trying to take the test in December but I'm glad I didn't. I'm so ******* glad I didn't!

So I used videos and study guides flash cards from: ITPRO.tv CASP, Encryption, Cyberary CASP and the week before my coworker gave me his Pass4Nothing useless ass 100 page brain **** study guide which was basically a sparknotes version of the book that I didn't read!

So first thing you gotta know Trancender practice tests don't do ****

No you need to know ALLLLLL the weird TCP/UDP ports, logs, acronyms, attacks, anything and every code.

But somehow I still passed and you know what actually helped.. Security Now podcast from Twit it's 2hrs long and it talks the language of Security from a real pro talking about real issues. If you can fully understand Steve Gibson then you are almost ready young padawon

Also read every question and look for the key words, get a prescription to Vyvance and pace yourself because I ran out of time and wasn't able to review my answers..

Good luck my people's and get your nerd on

Comments

• Options
    ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    letapragas wrote: »
    Omg I somehow passed just a few hours ago and I've already started drinking so....

So I have been studying since September and was trying to take the test in December but I'm glad I didn't. I'm so ******* glad I didn't! This test is like an Amsterdam window lady who tells you $50 but somehow you end up spending $5000, in jail and with more STD's then fingers.

So I used videos and study guides flash cards from: ITPRO.tv CASP, Encryption, Cyberary CASP and the week before my coworker gave me his Pass4Nothing useless ass 100 page brain **** study guide which was basically a sparknotes version of the book that I didn't read!

So first thing you gotta know Trancender practice tests don't do ****

You gotta know is that you ******* a weird *****.. mixed race, 6 fingers, Mohawk so expect all the bullshit that you were like ya I know this.. like you like it rough and then she goes all Guantanamo on your innocent ass..

No you need to know ALLLLLL the weird TCP/UDP ports, logs, acronyms, attacks, anything and every code bullshit

But somehow I still passed and you know what actually helped.. Security Now podcast from Twit it's 2hrs long and it talks the language of Security from a real pro talking about real issues. If you can fully understand Steve Gipson then you are almost ready young padawon

Also read every question and look for the key words, get a prescription to Vyvance and pace yourself because I ran out of time and wasn't able to review my answers..

Good luck my people's and get your nerd on

Lol, I don't imagine that this thread will last long, but congrats on the pass. The test is a doosey, that's for sure.
  • Options
    letapragasletapragas Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Seriously I thought I was ready because I "knew" every subject but actually knowing it througly and having real world examples is what they meant to say..

Also good luck.. seriously because I only passed because I was a good guesser on some answers

I can't believe the salary of someone who can pass this exam based on only work experience and a little reciewu
  • Options
    bamahonkybamahonky Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□