Options

VPN issue using iphone as a hotspot

dfrancdfranc Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am getting more and more people complain about not being able to use their VPN connection while using their I-phone as a hotspot. We use a Dell SonicWALL in both offices that our users remote into. is there anything I can do as a fix or workaround.

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    What is the actual issue they are having? Any useful logs?
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dfrancdfranc Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    they are saying that the connection simply does not work anymore. I read that Apple has stopped the use of PPTP, so maybe that's the issue, they are fine using their laptops but the issue arises only when they try nd use the iPhone as a hotspot. I am new to SonicWALL so I would not know where to look for logs or know what i`am looking for.
  • Options
    Phoebe1410Phoebe1410 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]Hi[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Apple does not recommend using the PPTP protocol for secure, private communication.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]iOS 10 and macOS Sierra intentionally remove PPTP connections from any VPN profile when a user upgrades their device.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Apple recommends using an alternative VPN protocol that is more secure:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]More information:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Prepare for removal of PPTP VPN before you upgrade to iOS 10 and macOS Sierra - Apple Support

Regards,
    Phoebe
    https://www.cloudappsportal.com/[/FONT]
  • Options
    Phoebe1410Phoebe1410 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    [FONT=&quot]Please keep us posted if you were able to resolve this issue. I too am having the same problem since the iOS10 update. I think this has to do with Apple removing PPTP protocol from the IOS10... I was able to confirm the finding by downgrading to earlier IOS 9.3 and my VPN works fine, unfortunately my friends with iPHONE7 cannot downgrade their IOS and now cannot access VPN through iOS10 hotspots [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]