Windows 10 upgrade exam

PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
Anyone heard of anything in the pipeline about this?
Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
Working on - RHCE

Comments

• malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You mean upgrading cert from Windows 8?
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    There hasn't been, and doesn't look like there will be, an upgrade from MCITP/MCSA Windows 7 to MCSA Windows 10. There was an upgrade from Windows 8, which might still be valid (MS has removed info about alternative paths from their certification pages), by taking 70-697.

The rumour is that the other exam, 70-698, is "easy".
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • PseudonymPseudonym Member Posts: 341 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'd be surprised and disappointed if there was no upgrade exam from Windows 7. The difficulty of the exam isn't really my concern, but the time and cost is. It looks like they're rejigging these exams to make the MCSA the entry level cert. If you look at the 70-695, which is one of the MCSE: mobility exams, it looks almost identical to 70-686 - which only got you MCSA/MCITP.

Which also disappoints me because it will devalue any previously obtained MCSAs.
    Certifications - A+, Net+, Sec+, Linux+, ITIL v3, MCITP:EDST/EDA, CCNA R&S/Cyber Ops, MCSA:2008/2012, MCSE:CP&I, RHCSA
    Working on - RHCE