Options

Who is Pursuing the CCIE in 2007?

PCHoldmannPCHoldmann Member Posts: 450
I am planning to take the written by the end of 2006, and the lab next year (probably more than once).

Who else is in?

[Edit by Webmaster: Added list below based on responses in this topic and forum]

- PCHoldmann
- keenon
- EdTheLad
- mikej412
- DarbyWeaver
- MrD
- RandyCCIE#TBD
- Ten9t6
- caseyg1204
- steve-o87
- dissolved
- navfett
- mtbcyclist
- Waynoo
- Ahriakin
- Aredhel
- snowbash
- javasteve
There's no place like ^$
Visit me at Route, Switch, Blog

Comments

• Options
    MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    I have the written scheduled for December 1st, and plan on taking the lab in May 07.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    What is this CCIE you speak of.... and how can I get one?

icon_lol.gif

I guess it isn't official until you admit it..... but the "suspect list" is in this thread

Okay. I'm in. If I get my CCIE Security this year, I can still play for the R&S next year, right?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I saw the suspect list right after I had the idea for this thread, but I still wanted people to say so themselves :)

What is this "if" you speak of? We all know you going for #2 next year :D
    There's no place like ^$
  • Options
    PCHoldmann wrote:
    What is ths "if" you speak of? We all know you going for #2 next year :D
    Hopefully more than that, but win or lose this year.... I will confirm that I have no plan to do the CCIE Storage Networking next year.

I put my pants on in the morning, just like every other CCIE Candidate -- one lab, er... leg, at a time. But I guess you could stand on a chair, hold the pants in front of you, and try to jump into them with both legs at the same time. But if you think about the most likely outcome of that.... then you reschedule one of the labs..... not that I will ever admit to having had 2 labs scheduled 1 day apart (hypothetically on a Monday and Wednesday) icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    Mike your gonna end up being one of those freaks of nature with 3-5 IE's aren't you? 2 is crazy enough, but I see you going all the way with this. Ha, me too...eventually icon_eek.gif
  • Options
    RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    im on teh same schedule, written by year's end and lab exam in april probably. i just bought the internetwork expert labs and they look awesome, very well laid out. everyone swears by them so they must be doing something right. good luck guys and lets share tips along the way!
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    I wish , to begin learning for CCNP and CCIE R&S , starting from late of 2007 , and maybe acomplish CCIE in 2008-2009.

My dream .. icon_cool.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • Options
    Ten9t6Ten9t6 Member Posts: 691
    I will be sitting the R/S right after the new year... I am finally getting back in gear after having our first child...haha.. that kind of thows plans off.
    Kenny

A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, MCSE+I, MCSE:Security, MCDBA, CCNP, CCDP, CCSP, CCVP, CCIE Written (R/S, Voice),INFOSEC, JNCIA (M and FWV), JNCIS (M and FWV), ENA, C|EH, ACA, ACS, ACE, CTP, CISSP, SSCP, MCIWD, CIWSA
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i'm looking at written maybe in the next few months. lab wise maybe end of 07 simply b/c i want to error on the side of over studying versus under icon_cool.gif
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    I wont see my NP until next summer most likely. I am trying to finish this coop workterm up with my CCNP half way done, then its back to school for me until April 2007, which then I will start the other half. I hope to get my CCIP after this to help me with the CCIE R/S. I have a long journey ahead of me, but I have the motivation, thats what sets most of us apart from others.

Good luck to everyone!
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Darby - you are going to be a QoS beast by the time you are ready to sit for your next lab.
  • Options
    wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Kochinopride wrote:
    Good luck guys...........i can't wait to retire lol

First thought that comes to mind is xxxxxx.

? care to elaborate?

Anyway If I can get a date Im going to take an initial run in April, I have worked through numerous books and 9 of the internetworkingexpert labs, alhtough worryingly Im improving on a lot of basic areas, but loosing more marks on the complex stuff, whereas 2 months ago I was taking the time on the complex sections but putting no time or thought into the base stuff. Now I just a balance I guess, and the Monitoring/NTP/Net Managment section I am weak on.
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
  • Options
    caseyg1204caseyg1204 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anyone going for the voice lab in 2007? I passed the Voice Written about a month ago and plan on sitting the lab for the first time in June.
  • Options
    caseyg1204 wrote:
    Anyone going for the voice lab in 2007?
    Darby has his home lab built up for it.... but he seems set on kicking some R&S butt first.

I need to take care of business on my scheduled Security Lab this year & R&S lab early next year before I worry about any other CCIEs..... but I did price a 6500 a couple of weeks ago icon_eek.gif so I'd lean towards rack rental right now....
  • Options
    caseyg1204caseyg1204 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck with the security CCIE.

I just stumbled on this forum. It seems like you guys are posting a lot of great info.
  • Options
    caseyg1204 wrote:

I just stumbled on this forum. It seems like you guys are posting a lot of great info.
    Thanks! And welcome! I only get one shot at the Version 1 Security Exam, so I'll take all the luck I can get. Worst case, I call it a practice lab for my R&S attempt... and a recon for preparing for the Version 2 Security that starts next January.

You can help out by posting your study plans for the Voice CCIE. With the Beta Voice Written Exams and the Voice software changing so fast, it sounds like a fun one to try and pin down! icon_lol.gif I do hope to do the Voice Written before they totally change it on me.... hopefully the 2nd Beta Voice will take Cisco as long to figure out as the 1st one did.

I do have the home lab built up for SP.... so, hypothetically, that would be 3rd, and Voice would be a distant 4th.
  • Options
    HumperHumper Member Posts: 647
    mikej412 wrote:
    caseyg1204 wrote:

Thanks! And welcome! I only get one shot at the Version 1 Security Exam, so I'll take all the luck I can get. Worst case, I call it a practice lab for my R&S attempt... and a recon for preparing for the Version 2 Security that starts next January.

You can help out by posting your study plans for the Voice CCIE. With the Beta Voice Written Exams and the Voice software changing so fast, it sounds like a fun one to try and pin down! icon_lol.gif I do hope to do the Voice Written before they totally change it on me.... hopefully the 2nd Beta Voice will take Cisco as long to figure out as the 1st one did.

I do have the home lab built up for SP.... so, hypothetically, that would be 3rd, and Voice would be a distant 4th.

You are a god. You remind me of the Triple CCIE that teaches courses near me. Harith is 56 years old, has 3 CCIE's and is working on 4th CCIE Voice right now. He is brilliant.

http://www.****.com/instructors.html
    Now working full time!
  • Options
    steve-o87steve-o87 Member Posts: 274
    Damn, You boys have all inspired me so much bowing.gif

I'm chucking my hat in as well, as it were. I'm gonna give CCIE a shot too. icon_eek.gif
    Damn you MrD - you started this icon_lol.gif

I'm still deciding which track to take R&S or SP! I'm quite partial to the SP side of things, when I finish up on NP next year I will gonna go straight for it

Best be hitting the books then icon_study.gificon_study.gif
    I am the lizard King. I can do anything.
  • Options
    steve-o87 wrote:
    I'm chucking my hat in as well, as it were. I'm gonna give CCIE a shot too. icon_eek.gif
    icon_cool.gif

Hey, we got us a Convoy! :D
  • Options
    Hey! I know I started it, but who will end it...first at least? I'm putting my money down on someone, but I'll keep it a personal waiger :)
  • Options
    dissolveddissolved Inactive Imported Users Posts: 228
    I plan to pursue CCIE Security late '07
  • Options
    navfettnavfett Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am planning on taking my R/S in Feb 2007, currently working on my ccsp since i only need two more for it. 642-532 IPS & 642-513 HIPS are the missing ones.
  • Options
    mgomezmgomez Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    good luck my brother....
    icon_wink.gif
    manu
  • Options
    DW [banned]DW [banned] Inactive Imported Users Posts: 240
  • Options
    mtbcyclistmtbcyclist Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    New guy here who just found this forum. First post as I have been trying to find materials, lab stuff, study forums, study buddies, yadda yadda yadda, to help me pass this humdinger of a cert. I passed my CCNP this past spring and work for a service provider currently so I am planning on sitting the serivce provder track written test some time in mid to late 2007.

On a side note I am looking for study partners in the Raleigh NC area. I have not really started studying yet but am starting this week by re-reviewing my CCNP routing book and maybe do a few labs.
  • Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mtbcyclist wrote:
    New guy here who just found this forum. First post as I have been trying to find materials, lab stuff, study forums, study buddies, yadda yadda yadda, to help me pass this humdinger of a cert. I passed my CCNP this past spring and work for a service provider currently so I am planning on sitting the serivce provder track written test some time in mid to late 2007.

On a side note I am looking for study partners in the Raleigh NC area. I have not really started studying yet but am starting this week by re-reviewing my CCNP routing book and maybe do a few labs.

welcome to the forum
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    Rock on! Yet another in the pursuit! icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    mtbcyclist wrote:
    I am planning on sitting the serivce provder track written test some time in mid to late 2007.
    You could always do the R&S first and call it practice!

Welcome aboard!
  • Options
    keatronkeatron Member Posts: 1,213 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'll go out on a limb here and show you guys some serious planning. I'm planning on doing CCNA before the end of the year. Reach NP by the end of 07. Then brace for sitting an IE written towards the end of 08 and nail a lab midway or towards the end of 09. I either own or have full-time access to every piece of equipment I'll need, so everybody get's to hear about the chronicles of someone going from CCNA all the way through icon_eek.gif . I'll be starting to spend more time with my Cisco guys over the next couple of years.
  • Options
    Welcome mtbcyclist!

And welcome to a whole new challenge Keatron!
    There's no place like ^$