Options

Masters degree in signature

yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got it and unsure whether or not it is appropriate to include te degree in my email signature. If so, how? M.S. or MS-CIA or ....?
Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)

Comments

• Options
    markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I just got mine, but I didn't put it in my sig. Same with certs. Maybe if I had a Phd or something, but probably not even then.
  • Options
    TranceSoulBrotherTranceSoulBrother Member Posts: 215
    If you insist, you can say: Yellow Pad, MS, CCNA (or something like that).
    Normally, I never see degrees in signatures unless it's academia or consulting.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    markulous wrote: »
    I just got mine, but I didn't put it in my sig. Same with certs. Maybe if I had a Phd or something, but probably not even then.

Agree would not put the Masters or certs in signature. As far as Phd though, I'd be putting Dr. in front of my name and remind people to refer to me as such as well.
  • Options
    hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    PhD only I'd say if you really wanted to.

The reality is this, most people will see a cert/degree/something in someone's signature, and negative things will go through their mind. This is especially true if the guilty party is not particular smart/good, and thinks they are because of a specific piece of paper they have earned. Tread carefully.
  • Options
    PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'm going to start putting everything, so that whenever I send an email, it adds 1MB to each message. LOL

Nah, I used to have some cert graphics on my signature, but now that I've worked at a few companies that have a "mandated" signature block style, I keep it that way. I see a few people with CISSP or a few other "difficult" certs, and I MAY do that in the future.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • Options
    yellowpadyellowpad Member Posts: 192 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guy....just curios if I should or not. I am working for a local government environment. How about LinkedIn?
    Completed MSCIA f/ WGU~ CISSP 5-days boot camp scheduled :)
  • Options
    DatabaseHeadDatabaseHead Member Posts: 2,753 ■■■■■■■■■■
    It's really about preference. I refuse to place any credentials in my signature block or LI heading.