Options

A+ Books

Matthew1974Matthew1974 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I've searched Amazon and everywhere, but haven't been able to find a lot of informative reviews of A+ test prep books. I'm in a class (almost finished), but it's totally disorganized and very poorly taught. I have a lot of years of college under my belt, but I'm new to IT.

I have Mike Myers' books for A+ and Nework+ but I don't like them at all. They are very wordy, and IMO very superficial.

I like Professor Messer's videos.

I looked at Jean Andrews' "A+ guide to Technical Support", and liked the content a lot, but found the colors and highlighting so distracting I was afraid I would have a hard time reading it.

I looked at "CISCO IT Fundamentals" set, but wasn't 100% sure it was written for CompTIA, that I could use it without taking the CISCO course, and couldn't figure out exactly why there were 3 books. I liked what I read from it, but it would be good to hear what other people think.

I looked are the Mark Soper "Cert Guide" book briefly, and thought it might be good. I don't think there were any labs, but I'm not sure.

🎯 What I want:

* Good explanations of "how" and "why" (as far as possible).
* Labs or assignments of some sort - I learn better by doing.
* A book I can use as a reference on the job.

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    I used Exam Cram Book and Professor Messer Vids.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • Options
    duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□

 What I want:

* Good explanations of "how" and "why" (as far as possible).
    * Labs or assignments of some sort - I learn better by doing.
    * A book I can use as a reference on the job.

Thank you.

I recommend try Testout course:
    https://testoutce.com/products/comptia-a-training
    They have very good training videos, quizes, labs and also text materials.
    You can try it 7 days for free and if you like, choose monthly subscription(79$, includes full access to their library, not just A+ course) or choose one year access for bundles off courses:
    https://testoutce.com/collections/bundles
  • Options
    jtocajtoca Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    cdx wrote: »
    I used Exam Cram Book and Professor Messer Vids.

This. Just reading the David L. Prowse Exam Cram book and watching Professor Messer's Videos and taking notes got me to pass both the exams.
  • Options
    fortunebirdfortunebird Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Which exam cram book? The one with just practice questions or the one that says just exam cram and comes with two practice exams? Thanks