Video options for the CCNP Route

dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've got access (or willing to pay for access to the following options)
  • INE
  • CBT Nuggets
  • ITpro.tv (Existing: Subscription)
  • Kevin Wallace via SafariBooks (Existing: Subscription)
  • Chris Bryant on Udemy
  • Network Lessons
I'll be keeping my existing ITpro.tv subscription but with their CCNP ROUTE course being 36 hours long I think I could better spend that time with another subscription and cherry picking their videos for clarification. Has anyone done the CCNP ROUTE ITpro.tv video series?

I'm thinking of maybe going with INE, Kevin Wallace & Chris Bryants videos or another option would be INE + ITpro.tv.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• CertifiedMonkeyCertifiedMonkey Member Posts: 172 ■■□□□□□□□□
    INE, CB, and KW are all really solid resources. I also recommend checking out xtremeie.com's videos for route. What books are you using?
  • dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    At the moment here is are my picks in order:

Foundation Learning Guide *
    OCG *
    GNS3 Book
    Bryantt's Book

Recommendations? I think I'll be going with the two marked '*'
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Chris Bryant is what I'm currently watching, I love his dry humor and teaching style, though I've found from watching INE videos on the same topics he doesn't cover as much depth as they do (but I believe they do it to a point of overkill).

I plan to use Chris Bryant / Chris Bryants ebook / ROUTE Simplified as my study resources.

I think I recommended this to someone else, watching a video series like Chris's even without much note taking and just labbing, will make reading through the books so much easier. I have a hard time staying focused on books, especially when they are technical, so it helps to have a huge head start on the material and catch those "gaps of knowledge" you find in the book.

At the end of the day if I had to pick from your list, I would go with Chris Bryants ebook / video series, as I've found his ebook actually covers a lot of knowledge gaps as well from the video series.

I've used his material to pass ICND1 / ICND2 twice, and CCNA Security, with no other resources aside from a lab to follow along with.

Good luck!
  • BobyBoby Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    INE with keith bogart should be a good supplement together with the official books. Beware that with too many info you would get lost.