ISSAP refresh - July 1st 2017

tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
Anyone studying for the ISSAP might want to take the exam before July 1st.

https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(isc)2_public_content/exam_outlines/issap-exam-outline-effective-july-1.pdf

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Great news! Maybe that means they have new material out soon :)

ughhh I sit corrected....
    https://www.isc2.org/issap-domain-refresh-faq.aspx

[h=2]Q: What impact do these changes have on (ISC)² training materials?[/h]A: All Official (ISC)2 ISSAP Training Courses commencing by May 5, 2017 will be available for enrollment. New training courses will be made available in the fourth quarter of 2017 pending new ISSAP curriculum revisions. The Second Edition ISSAP CBK Textbook will not be updated at this time but is still a comprehensive resource that is relevant in preparing for the ISSAP.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • the1picardthe1picard Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm booked to take the exam in May. When I received the email about the domain refresh I considered postponing my exam b/c the new domains actually sound way more relevant to the Information Assurance industry.

When I read that new materials weren't going to be ready until Q4 2017 I decided to go ahead and keep my exam date.

I really hope they outsource the training materials to Sybex or another company. The books developed in-house leave much to be desired.
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You figure that many of these certification providers have been around for a while.

It doesn't seem too hard to have the release of authoiuzed material and training coincide.
  • tzamertzamer Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took the test right before the exam change on 6/26 and got a 681 and needed 700. I have the ISSEP and decided I wanted the ISSAP and used the official study guide (second edition) to prepare. I can tell you that the study guide did a poor job in preparing me for the test, unlike the ISSEP version. At this point I need to wait the 30 days to retake but given the change in the test and domains and the lack of study materials offered by ISC2 that I will most likely wait for Q4 and take it again. What puzzles me is why there is no updated publication or even official training being made available for many months after the change in the test.