CISSP credentials on CV

malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
Any possibility of using the CISSP credentials on CV, while the endorsement application under ISC2 review?

your ideas are welcome

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Would technically still be against their guidelines if you mentioned CISSP at all since you officially do not hold the certification yet. Also, if someone did a verification check it would come up your not certified. Not sure how often people would verify it though.
  • malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would technically still be against their guidelines if you mentioned CISSP at all since you officially do not hold the certification yet. Also, if someone did a verification check it would come up your not certified. Not sure how often people would verify it though.

Just wanna know if i mentioned its under ISC2 review though the exam is passed.
    Could someone who did not have the required experience pass the test and call themselves a CISSP if they filled out an endorsement form and it was under review? Of course not. No difference until ISC2 has completed their review.

Considered an Associate of ISC2 until that time the endorsement gets completed.

• Associates of (ISC)² are NOT certified and may not use any Logo or description other than“Associate of (ISC)²”. Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they havesuccessfully passed or use any Logo, other than “Associate of (ISC)²”, in any manner. Failure toabide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)²certification.

https://www.isc2.org/uploadedfiles/(isc)2_public_content/legal_and_policies/logoguidelines.pdf
    Hey thanks for the tip..!
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You can't even claim to be an associate of ISC2 unless you submitted and were approved.

To be an associate you have to pass the test and submit to become an associate. To be certified you have to pass the test and go through the endorsement process successfully.

If you only take the test and pass it you are just known as a person who passed a $599.00 test.
    "Once you pass the exam, you become an associate member of (ISC)², giving you access to member benefits and continuing education opportunities." icon_wink.gif

https://www.isc2.org/how-to-become-an-associate.aspx
    So, if you pass the exam, apply for the full CISSP, and didn't get endorsed you wouldn't get the Associate title. But if you just state before the exam that your just going for the Associate title and not the full CISSP, pass the exam, than you would get the Associate title. I see

I know there is that option to choose if your just going for the Associate title when you register for the exam. Always was curious why they did that. Seems a little weird, but is what it is I guess.

Learn something new!
    I questioned the customer service about it. She told me she would assist me with cancelling my pending endorsement so I could become an associate.

thanks for the insight guys..
  • NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If I have passed XYZ exam from ISC2 but do not meet the requirements for the full certification and become an associate and I want to apply for a position that has XYZ as one of the requirements I'm not able to mention in my resume that I passed that exam. Are you allowed to explain in the cover letter about the associate affiliation without violating the ethics regulations?

Please advise and thank you!

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

If I have passed XYZ exam from ISC2 but do not meet the requirements for the full certification and become an associate and I want to apply for a position that has XYZ as one of the requirements I'm not able to mention in my resume that I passed that exam. Are you allowed to explain in the cover letter about the associate affiliation without violating the ethics regulations?

Please advise and thank you!

You will want to ask the ISC2 help desk. Its weird that they allow you to claim associate status but not state what test you passed. There isn't any way to ethically tell a prospective employer that when you make the experience what cert you will have without divulging what test you took.
    tunerX wrote: »
    Its weird that they allow you to claim associate status but not state what test you passed.

I don't think it's that weird. If you were able to state what test you passed the exam that would take away from the recognition/prestige of that certification. Everyone would just start displaying that they passed the CISSP, even without the exp req, and actually obtaining the CISSP with the experience would mean almost nothing more. I think it's weird people go for this certification knowing they will only get the Associate status myself... But there are some employers (like the DoD) who will recognize the Associate status.

To NavyMooseCCNA's question, no you would not be able to say that you passed the CISSP exam anywhere on the resume. It would be something you would mention in the interview when asked about it. (yea, you could argue that is still against the guidelines...) You don't want to put down you passed the CISSP exam on your resume and have that employer send that resume to ISC2 because your claiming you passed it without the exp req.

"Under no circumstances may they identify which exam they have successfully passed or use any Logo, other than “Associate of (ISC)²”, in any manner. Failure to abide by this rule may result in the candidate being prohibited from ever attaining any (ISC)²certification."
    I don't think it's that weird. If you were able to state what test you passed the exam that would take away from the recognition/prestige of that certification. Everyone would just start displaying that they passed the CISSP, even without the exp req, and actually obtaining the CISSP with the experience would mean almost nothing more. I think it's weird people go for this certification knowing they will only get the Associate status myself... But there are some employers (like the DoD) who will recognize the Associate status.

Would you support meeting the experience requirement before being allowed to take the test? With current rules you can say you are an associate of ISC2 but what will that associate status become: CISSP, SSCP, CCSP, HCISPP, CCFP, CAP or CSSLP?
    Exactly, unless my current employer asked me to take the test to get that Associate title, I don't see reason I would ever go for one of those where I didn't have the experience requirement to actually obtain the certification.