Security+ Exam Friday Morning

dacronedacrone Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am taking the 401 exam on Friday morning and I feel pretty well prepared. I finally caved and bought the Darril Gibson kindle book for $10, and feel as though it was worth it (not that I'd pay $30 for a physical copy though)... My main question is, on the "Select all that apply" questions... do they give partial credit if you were to get 2 of 3 correct, etc.? Please advise. Thank you.

Comments

• cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    My "guess" would be yes regarding your question about partial credit.

Make sure you purchase Gibson SEC+ practice simulations / questions on his website, a big help.

Best of luck!
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • dacronedacrone Registered Users Posts: 4 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have about a dozen different ones that I have printed out and am able to answer them all fully and correctly. I don't think I want to purchase anything more. The exam is $280+, the book was $10... this whole cert is (imho) bull to begin with. Having the cert is one thing, but having to pay for all of this stuff on top of each other is ridiculous. If anyone has any free simulations, I will be glad to try them out...

Aside from that, can anyone who has taken this exam recently answer my original question definitively? (nothing personal cdx, I just want to know for sure). Thank you.
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    Good luck to you, you're right the whole cert thing is kinda bs but you gotta play the game. Seems like you aren't trying to give a little to get ahead, I hope that works out for you in the long run. Good luck man!
    so can anyone answer my actual question...?
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I do not know the answer to your question.
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 186
    @dacrone,

CompTIA does not tell us if they give you partial credit or not, so no one will know the real answer.
    Bachelor of Science - Information Technology - Security
    Associate of Science - Computer Information Systems
  • NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Comptia says the following about performance based questions. I would guess that is answer for other questions like the one your referring about as well.

Question: Is partial credit given if I answer part of a performance based question correctly?
    Answer: There may occasionally be a question for which partial credit is offered. However, exam questions are confidential to CompTIA, so no further information can be provided regarding which questions may offer partial credit.

https://certification.comptia.org/testing/about-testing/performance-based-questions-faq
    yeah I saw that too. thanks for the effort(s). oh well. I feel pretty good about tomorrow. time to check this one off the list so I can move on to my MCSA.
  • ultm8mindultm8mind Member Posts: 111
    So, what happened?
  • MkroadrushMkroadrush Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□