CISSAP-ISSAP: Thoughts, Opinions, Difficulty?

roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hi TE folks,

I've been slowly studying for my CISSP-ISSAP. I wanted to strike while the iron is hot, after getting the CISSP in September. I've been working on certs for what seems non-stop and attending WGU. This stuff is rummaging around in my head daily it seems.

So, as for the ISSAP exam, what are your thoughts on it? From my studies so far, I can't even really tell what is that different from CISSP. It seems like a slightly deeper dive into some of the domains, but very slight. I have the official CBK, but even this seems like plain old CISSP.

I'm feeling like maybe I can just go attempt the exam now and save myself some videos/reading. My study materials so far have just been the CBK (only read 3 chapters), and FedVTE, who has a course on the ISSAP from 2013. It's ok, but again...feels just like CISSP, nothing to difficult beyond that.

What is a good practice test platform for this exam? I want to take some practice tests and perhaps I'll know if I'm ready or not. I just saw from ISC2 that they are changing the exam come July, expanding to 8 domains I believe. So I wanna knock this out ASAP.
浪人 MSISA:WGU
ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP

Comments

• zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I will be interested to see the replies myself. As I understand it, it is as you said a deep dive into specific domains essentially. With that said, I also think I recently received an email saying they were revamping the exam content for this CISSP-ISSAP certification mid year 2017 so I would definitely look into that to ensure you use the relevant materials prior to testing.
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    This should be moved to the ISC forum.
  • gespensterngespenstern Member Posts: 1,243 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Higher quality exam (compared to CCSP for example). Was more technical for me than CISSP on the side of crypto, PKI and security protocols.

AFAIK, there are no good test practice question banks for it.

I had a description of it here, but I guess mods viewed it as divulging too much data and deleted it after a while.
  • tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Higher quality exam (compared to CCSP for example). Was more technical for me than CISSP on the side of crypto, PKI and security protocols.

AFAIK, there are no good test practice question banks for it.

I had a description of it here, but I guess mods viewed it as divulging too much data and deleted it after a while.

From reading your other posts there aren't any good ISC2 sponsored study resources.

Hopefully this update will include an updated CBK, study guide, and practice tests like the CISSP had.