Frame relay in ccnp?

Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
What frame relay knowledge will I need for the route exam?

I say the newest ccna which had no frame relay so my knowledge of it is non-existent

Comments

• dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you used the OCG book you'll find an entire chapter in the appendix on Frame Relay. I've just finished my CCNA and I'm going to hit that chapter up next :)
  • Welly_59Welly_59 Member Posts: 431
    I did use the ocg but haven't read that chapter.

I think my question hasn't been answered though, is there much frame relay in the route exams?

At this point in the lifecycle of frame relay you are literally learning it for the sakeI certification in my view. I'm working in an environment supportig the infrastuvtre of over 100 clients and I've never come across frame relay in the wild
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    There is an excellent app in the Google store called "CMD Reference CCNA" that has a paid and free version, I think I bought the paid for 5 bucks, and it goes into amazing details about how commands are configured to a corresponding topology.

I highly recommend at least checking out the free version, not sure what the difference is to the paid version, but I happily gave the $5 for an app I can pull up on my phone and review detailed explanations of IGP's and especially Frame Relay.
  • ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    Welly_59 wrote: »
    I did use the ocg but haven't read that chapter.

I think my question hasn't been answered though, is there much frame relay in the route exams?

At this point in the lifecycle of frame relay you are literally learning it for the sakeI certification in my view. I'm working in an environment supportig the infrastuvtre of over 100 clients and I've never come across frame relay in the wild

There is different network types on the blueprint, I'm sure FR is in there as a NBMA network, that is one part of the exam blueprint that really worries me , as different network types react different to IGP'S, like EIGRP going to FULL / - on a point to point link, or OSPF needing neighbor statements on the Hub (s) of the FR Network to form adjacencies.

It makes sense, just a pain in the ass, that's why I suggest reviewing the blueprint for lower percentage areas you can cut corners on if needed, while giving up hopefully as little points as possible.

Cmd reference ccnp in the Google play store, it will amaze you how good that app is!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    No one can tell you whats on the exam. If it's in the objectives learn it and you'll be good to go whether you hit a lot of questions or not.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.