Take any exam to obtain RHCA?

csccyabcsccyab Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
After passing ex200 and ex300, I can take any 5 exams to acieve RHCA? Am I right?

There are many streams: data center, devops, cloud....
Is there any limitations to take 5 exams in a single stream?

For example, can I select 4 exams in data center stream and 1 in devops stream to achieve RHCA?

Comments

• VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    csccyab wrote: »
    After passing ex200 and ex300, I can take any 5 exams to acieve RHCA? Am I right?

There are many streams: data center, devops, cloud....
    Is there any limitations to take 5 exams in a single stream?

For example, can I select 4 exams in data center stream and 1 in devops stream to achieve RHCA?

Unless you get sponsored by an employer to complete the 7 exams that result in RHCA, I don't suggest pursuing the certification. The total cost of all 7 exams comes out to $3,800 and to maintain the certification after achieving it, you need to do an additional 5 exams every 3 years. So achieving anything past the RHCE is not worth the ROI for most, unless you're just trying to re-certify your RHCE by completing a single COE every 3 years.
  • asummersasummers Member Posts: 157
    Verities wrote: »
    Unless you get sponsored by an employer to complete the 7 exams that result in RHCA, I don't suggest pursuing the certification. The total cost of all 7 exams comes out to $3,800 and to maintain the certification after achieving it, you need to do an additional 5 exams every 3 years. So achieving anything past the RHCE is not worth the ROI for most, unless you're just trying to re-certify your RHCE by completing a single COE every 3 years.

You should consider yourself lucky, the price in UK (converted to USD) is $5590
  • YuckTheFankeesYuckTheFankees Member Posts: 1,281 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If you have the money, I would go for it. With these exams being performance based, it really makes you learn the material. If you're trying to move up in the Linux/DevOps/Cloud field or just trying to get in, these exams will definitely help out a lot...I have learned so much.
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    When you pass 5 required exam and achieve RHCA, after that it easy and not expensive to hold it. I modified a little quotation from article below of this:
    "Perhaps you are an RHCA and the oldest of the five credentials you had earned past RHCE becomes non-current. you would not longer have RHCA status. You do not need to start completely over to regain your RHCA status, however. Earning a new eligible credential or renewing one that became non-current in our example would restore your RHCA status until the next oldest credential was up for renewal."

Read this two articles:
    RHCA: What does it mean to be an RHCA? (Part One) – Red Hat Services Speak
    RHCA: RHCA + Renewals (Part Two) – Red Hat Services Speak
  • VeritiesVerities Member Posts: 1,162
    duta74 wrote: »
    When you pass 5 required exam and achieve RHCA, after that it easy and not expensive to hold it. I modified a little quotation from article below of this:
    "Perhaps you are an RHCA and the oldest of the five credentials you had earned past RHCE becomes non-current. you would not longer have RHCA status. You do not need to start completely over to regain your RHCA status, however. Earning a new eligible credential or renewing one that became non-current in our example would restore your RHCA status until the next oldest credential was up for renewal."

Read this two articles:
    RHCA: What does it mean to be an RHCA? (Part One) – Red Hat Services Speak
    RHCA: RHCA + Renewals (Part Two) – Red Hat Services Speak

This is why the RHCA recertification process is confusing:

https://www.redhat.com/en/services/certification/rhca

"In order to retain RHCA status, you must keep at least five credentials beyond either RHCE or RHCJD current from the respective lists on the SKILLS tab below. These need not be the same credentials you used when you first earned RHCA."

Your articles are a little bit older and allude to the fact that you can pass a course that provides an CoE to maintain it which would mean $600 every 3 years. While the Redhat certification page says otherwise.

Have you taken any Redhat exams? I wouldn't go so far to say its easy to maintain RHCA since once you're past RHCE, these exams are of the expert level and require quite a bit of effort to pass. Just for an example..there would be more than 60 RHCAs in the US if it was so easy to maintain:

https://www.redhat.com/wapps/training/certification/search.html

Select country > enter the captcha > view results.
  • duta74duta74 Member Posts: 143 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Who is on RHCA way, Can ask RedHat about this.

I'm not saying that it's easy to reach RHCA, I just say that it's easy hold it, if Randy Russell's data from blog is not outdated.

I've waiting for decision of my employer to buy for me RedHat Learning Subscription Standard, which includes 5 RedHat exam and after that I will attack the Redhat mountains :)
  • brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To be honest I regret now a little bit the time and money spent on RH Exams (not preparations!).
    There is no significant raise of my salary and RHCA is not widely recognized in this part of the world.
    But I have to admit that RH extended my RHCA until 2019 so I have 1 year more to think about the recertification :P

I'm going into network world.