Phone Interview Tomorrow

I have a phone inteview tomorrow for a sys admin position. Just curious as to what types of questions I may be asked? Also is strange for ME to call THEM for the interview?

Job Details:

•Respond to peer group and client requests in a timely fashion.
• Adhere to team processes and policies such as QA and server life cycle.
• Maintain and support server hardware and O/S through their life cycles.
• Ensure system and procedural documentation is complete.
• Interact with internal departments to determine validity of system requests.
• Liaison with other IT support professionals in order to ensure appropriate support information is available and communicated.
• Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, implementation and management of standards for hardware, software, tools and technologies for the client/server
• Participate in the on-going evaluation of new technologies with a view to recommending and implementing both tool and process changes.
• Involvement in IT projects from planning and testing through to implementation and maintenance.
• Maintain up to date knowledge of client/server technologies and actively participate in their implementation.
• Continuously maintain excellent problem and request service levels.
Next victim: 70-351

On my way to MCSE 2K3: Security

Comments

• IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    Thanks for the link, that answers alot of questions I had.

• elover_jmelover_jm Member Posts: 349
    good luck on tht interview...

tht would be a darn nice job to get....

tell us how it goes
    stonecold26.jpg
  • IT_AdminIT_Admin Member Posts: 158
    Well I had the phone interview today. Wasnt really too nervous for this one. I thought overall it went pretty well. The interviewer seemed impressed *actually he said he was impressed at the end of the interview.* Unfortunaley because I only have 2-3 yrs of hands on server experince I did not get the position. I was told they were looking into some other ppl, and they would let me know for sure by next week. I had everything they were looking for, but just my lack of server experince is the only really negative thing. icon_evil.gif

Ah well, not much I can do. I will send a thank you letter tomorrow, and contuine on the job search. If anything else it was good to brush up on my interviewing skills.

• famosbrownfamosbrown Member Posts: 637
    xntrix18 wrote:
    Well I had the phone interview today. Wasnt really too nervous for this one. I thought overall it went pretty well. The interviewer seemed impressed *actually he said he was impressed at the end of the interview.* Unfortunaley because I only have 2-3 yrs of hands on server experince I did not get the position. I was told they were looking into some other ppl, and they would let me know for sure by next week. I had everything they were looking for, but just my lack of server experince is the only really negative thing. icon_evil.gif

Ah well, not much I can do. I will send a thank you letter tomorrow, and contuine on the job search. If anything else it was good to brush up on my interviewing skills.

Don't worry about it...it may work to your advantage. If they asked a lot of technical questions and you answered them correctly without having the required experience, they may see it as untainted skill. They might see you as a skilled professional with no bad habits. I was int he same predictament, and I got my job as Sys. Admin.
    B.S.B.A. (Management Information Systems)
    M.B.A. (Technology Management)