CIPM Advice

parkfencermanparkfencerman Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey folks, I signed up for the CIPM exam in March. Any word on difficulty? Also, any tips on how to best prepare? I have the green book and practice test from IAPP. Are there any other sample exams out there? Thanks.

Comments

• 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I was thinking about taking that this year but decided to postpone it until next year since there's a lot of movin' and shakin' in the privacy world at the moment. Good luck, let us (especially me!) know the quality of the materials and how challenging the test is.
  • CIPMchCIPMch Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    iapp is not offering any text books for studying.
    if anyone is having some study material, please share.

or Suggest on how to prepare for the exam.
  • 636-555-3226636-555-3226 Member Posts: 975 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeah they do, give them a call
  • LAWYER2LAWYER2 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi guys. Long time lurker, new member. I've worked in IT for over 15 years and recently became a licensed attorney. I'm hoping to specialize in Data Privacy and technology related law in general and decided I'd like to become CIPP certified. That said, I would doing this self-study and would like to know where I should start w/ regards to study materials.
    I know the exam is changing after this month (August 2017) and I'm waiting to hear back from IAPP on whether the existing textbook will be outdated. Any input would be greatly appreciated.