Just finished CCENT - CCNA Next

gale_gale_ Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
YES. FINALLY.

icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif

It took me some time to finish this certification, actually.
Started studying in September 2016, Stopped in December because of holidays, and Came back studying full throttle back in January.

I'm originally from Brazil (The land of the big booty and carnival, where all Americans talk about) and I moved to United States 4 years ago. So English is not my primary language. I struggle, but I got some off the hook slangs.

So taking a test in another language was difficult. In Brazil we use totally a different terminology about IT (majorly in Portuguese).

I got 848/832 on my 3rd attempt. (Yes it took me 3 times). Don't freak out, its not THAT hard. But it's hard icon_twisted.gif.
I didn't read any books. Jeremy Cioara saved my life (CBT Nuggets), and that crazy russian scientist from Udemy. Also Boson Exams brings you to full perspective for the test.

I received the cert from my mail yesterday, and I don't know about you guys, but it was a relief. Currently aiming CCNA, but first I gotta take a step down and finish Network+. (A lot of companies somehow require CompTIA).

Well that is my experience. I'm getting back on the market this year with this new cert, and I'll be starting on the support desk level until I acquire CCNA.:D

Have a good friday, everyone.

Comments

• alexkurbanalexkurban Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! I scheduled my ICND1 the 28th of this month! I am using Boson, CBT Nuggets, the Lammle books (study guide and survival guide!) and practicing labs in PT with the danscourses.com and the Ranet Labs (lol)
  • Uriah7Uriah7 Member Posts: 45 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Actually, Americans know Brazil as the land of armed robberies. Anyway, congrats on your achievement! What book did you use, if any?
  • init6init6 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I first studied for CCENT in 2010 and should've taken it then (I would have passed). Then did CCNA boot camp in 5 days in December 2013, took the exam about 10 hours after the boot camp finished, and failed by a slim margin. But who cares about the margin? You either pass or you fail, right? Because I don't work in "pure networking" but do Linux sysadmin work now, I didn't think about it much. But I'm curious about attempting it again just to have a fallback.

Did you notice a lot of IPv6 questions? What was the hardest part for you? Subnetting? I've heard it's gotten much more difficult in the last few years, so I'm curious as to what's changed besides the IPv6 portion.
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! try and try again until.....Excellent Score Manicon_thumright.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.