Options

Does anyone else have issues with the post editor on this forum?

mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just curious if I'm the only one.

For a long time, the quick reply box at the bottom of a thread would not work correctly. I could enter text but it would never record spaces, so allmywordswouldbemashedtogether like that. I don't know why it was limited to just the quick reply box, as the full editor worked fine.

Now, that seems to be fixed, but both the quick reply and the full editor are missing the images for all the quick formatting buttons at the top of the window. The buttons themselves are there, and if I hover over them, the alt text shows me what they are, but there are no images on them. Everything else on the page seems fine.

For what it's worth, Windows 7, current stable version of Chrome, no notable add-ons running other than uBlock and a tampermonkey script, but I've tried it with those off and it's the same issue.

Anyone else?
CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU

Comments

• Options
    PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes. I end up hitting reply, copy/paste what's in there, and then refresh the page and reply with the paste rather than hitting "Quote" or "Reply". I'm glad to know that part is fixed.

The other images are working fine for me, though. The editor is working as it should.
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I only experience that when replying with quotes. I have found that if I start the reply right after the quote box, I can use spaces. Then I just hit enter until the text lines up where I want it. Then all other text can be formatted the way I want it to be.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    rob42rob42 Member Posts: 423
    mgeoffriau wrote: »
    For what it's worth... Chrome...

I think it could be worth a good deal. I run Firefox and don't have any of these issues, at all.
    What WB are OPs using? Could this the common denominator here?
    No longer an active member
  • Options
    Hammer80Hammer80 Member Posts: 207 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have issues all the time, my favorite is when I type a post or a reply usually a long one and then I hit submit and I get the fun message that it can't post it because it does not have more than 7 characters %%$#%! what the hell do you mean it does not have 7 characters it's like two freaking paragraphs. I try to recover from it and discover that my entire post I was planning to post is gone, because the error message renders the auto-save useless. I just now started to save my post before hitting submit by hitting Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C.

I normally use either Chrome or Vivaldi which based on Chrome.
  • Options
    NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hammer80 wrote: »
    I have issues all the time, my favorite is when I type a post or a reply usually a long one and then I hit submit and I get the fun message that it can't post it because it does not have more than 7 characters %%$#%! what the hell do you mean it does not have 7 characters it's like two freaking paragraphs. I try to recover from it and discover that my entire post I was planning to post is gone, because the error message renders the auto-save useless. I just now started to save my post before hitting submit by hitting Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C.

Ohhhh yea, I have had that happen quite a few times. I try and make sure I do that Copy everything method a lot now too. Can't count the times I've had that error message come up and I was just like it "screw it, I tried" and did not want to retype everything. EXTREMELY annoying.
  • Options
    OctalDumpOctalDump Member Posts: 1,722
    I have had the issue described as fixed, and also have the current issue of space not working when using "quote", when using the current version of Chrome on macOS. So it's not just Chrome + Windows thing. My work around is to just copy and paste some text but other things work, too.
    2017 Goals - Something Cisco, Something Linux, Agile PM
  • Options
    mgeoffriaumgeoffriau Member Posts: 162 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For what it's worth, the images on the buttons in the post editor was fixed (for me) a few hours ago.

Seems odd that these issues keep coming and going. Is the forum software being updated that frequently?
    CISSP || A+ || Network+ || Security+ || Project+ || Linux+ || Healthcare IT Technician || ITIL Foundation v3 || CEH || CHFI
    M.S. Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, WGU
  • Options
    dontstopdontstop Member Posts: 579 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I normally got around the no spaces problem by flipping from the WYSIWYG editor to source editor (it's the a/A icon in the top left corner of the reply box)
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ohhhh yea, I have had that happen quite a few times. I try and make sure I do that Copy everything method a lot now too. Can't count the times I've had that error message come up and I was just like it "screw it, I tried" and did not want to retype everything. EXTREMELY annoying.

the text goes on the line above, no amount of backspacing resolves the issue. Usually what I do when this happens, I write everything in notepad and copy past it to my reply.
    I had the same, sometimes when I start to type and backspace a mistake,

This ^
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It's funny the problem I have occurred just as i was typing a reply above.

Occasionally when I type letters or spaces do not show up. I either have to type very slowly or use the notepad copy paste technique. Only seems to be this site, not sure why.

Another issue that occurs sometimes is If I post a reply and go back later to edit it, it only shows the first few lines of my reply, I can't scroll down to see more of my reply. If I cancel, the entire original message exists, but I can't seem to edit it to fix typos and spelling mistakes farther down in the post.
    rob42 wrote: »
    Could this the common denominator here?

I usually use Firefox, but occasionally use IE11. I rarely use Chrome.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.