Options

CISSP online endorsement Question

gluglugluglu Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,

I tried to fill the online endorsement application today. I was a bit confused about the job description.
Should I just write about my job role and responsibilities OR have to describe my job experiences in detail?

Comments

• Options
    malindakmalindak Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    gluglu wrote: »
    Hi,

I tried to fill the online endorsement application today. I was a bit confused about the job description.
    Should I just write about my job role and responsibilities OR have to describe my job experiences in detail?

I have attached the scanned service letters recevied from my employers as a proof
  • Options
    logicmyfootlogicmyfoot Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is it better to get one endorsed by a known CISSP or by ISC2. I am also confused about job description. Is it more about domain or job description? Also my supervisors from previous job have either left the company or have left the country, would it be okay if personal number/email are given than business numbers?
  • Options
    fullcrowmoonfullcrowmoon Member Posts: 172
    Is it better to get one endorsed by a known CISSP or by ISC2. I am also confused about job description. Is it more about domain or job description? Also my supervisors from previous job have either left the company or have left the country, would it be okay if personal number/email are given than business numbers?

I don't think it matters. It's easier to get sponsored by someone with the certification, so that's what I did.

I'm not sure how you handle managers who have moved on; I was lucky in that all of my managers were still with my company. Maybe if you gave their new job phone numbers?
    "It's so stimulating being your hat!"
    "... but everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked."
  • Options
    tunerXtunerX Member Posts: 447 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My last job was 4 years and 9 months. So I submitted my Sec+ to waive a year and only used my last job. All I did was take that section from my resume and paste it directly into the dialogue. I used a CISSP as my endorser.

The wait was 4 weeks from endorsement submission to certification award.
  • Options
    logicmyfootlogicmyfoot Member Posts: 82 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Called the member support helpline, they said its okay to give personal number/emails
  • Options
    dhay13dhay13 Member Posts: 580 ■■■■□□□□□□
    A co-worker got his a few months before me. He opted to let ISC(2) endorse him then he endorsed me. Both took the same amount of time so I don't think it really matters.