Options

CCNA:RS passed!

emekemek Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All,

I am happy to say I have finally passed my ICND2 with a score of 825 (811 pass). For those of you that saw my older thread, I passed my ICND1 on Jan 23 and I pretty much started studying right after getting my CCENT. Luckily, I was able to pass the ICND2 on my first attempt, as I failed the ICND1 the first time. I must say, I took considerably longer studying for the ICND1 than I did for the ICND2. The ICND1 is most definitely the easier exam, but the climb from zero knowledge to ICND1 is far more daunting than the jump from ICND1 to ICND2.

For those of you out there who are struggling with the CCNA, my best advise to you is not to give up! Stay discipline and you will pass! I have to say that studying for the CCNA really taught me to change my entire process for learning. It is almost like I had to forget everything I thought I knew about studying/learning for a cert, and basically teach myself proper study habits and techniques.

Here is what I used to prepare:
Odom Cisco Press Book
CBT Nuggets
Chris Wallace Videos
Boson & Pearson practice exams
Packet Tracer (Primary)
GNS3 (Secondary)

Comments

• Options
    Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats way to go!!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Options
    ande0255ande0255 Banned Posts: 1,178
    I actually found when I took it before they made the completely new version, the ICND1 was almost harder than the ICND2, because it contained many more obscure questions whereas the ICND2 was almost like the real CCNA for me with heavier weight on routing protocols configuration / behaviors.

I know the INCD1 and INCD2 are much harder now than they were back in my day, very big congrats to you sir!! :D
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    NavyMooseCCNANavyMooseCCNA Member Posts: 544 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I failed the combined exam twice before going the ICND 1 and ICND 2 route.

'My dear you are ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly' Winston Churchil

• Options
    JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!!