CISSP Study - (ISC)² OFFICIAL APP

shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
Just curious, has anyone here used the official ISC2 CISSP app to study, and how do you like it? Is it worth the $9.99 price tag?

It's available on iOS and Android.

https://www.isc2.org/isc2-official-study-app/default.aspx
ISC2 CISSP Official Study Mobile App
Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
Future Plans: MSc + PMP, CCIE/NPx, GIAC...

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice to have, but not essential. Expensive vs content. I got it and I am pretty sure it is the same question than in the Sybex books.

But whatever, it's only 10$.
  • TankerTTankerT Member Posts: 132
    I used the previous version, which I didn't find useful. Not enough questions, and they were not challenging enough. I am uncertain if it has been updated recently.
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

Quick review, just purchased the $14.99 bundle for the review app and the test app ($9.99 each).

The only discernible differences between the two is that with the review app you get flashcards and some different test questions. The short domain practice tests (25 questions) are a good way to kill time, I also do a couple of tests before I go to bed.
    Current: BSc IT + CISSP, CCNP:RS, CCNA:Sec, CCNA:RS, CCENT, Sec+, P+, A+, L+/LPIC-1, CSSS, VCA6-DCV, ITILv3:F, MCSA:Win10
  • cbdudekcbdudek Member Posts: 68 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I bought it and I found it very useful. The questions can be repetitive since there are only about 300, but what I really liked was the flashcards. I was on that app a lot. For instance, if I was standing in line, I whipped out my phone and went through some of the flashcards or did a small 15 question test. Anytime I had time to use it, I did. Drove my wife crazy for 3 months, but by the time I took the tests, I had mastered just about all the flashcards and questions in that app.

The real thing that helped me with that app is that I flagged questions I got wrong and went back to study them again. I took the time to understand the concepts.

Another app I really liked was the CISSP Flashcards app on Android. Its a free app with in app purchases to remove the ads. Overall, I really liked it as there were many different flashcards to use.
  • shimasenseishimasensei Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Haha, good to know I'm not the only one!

Is there an iOS version of the CISSP flashcards app (same developer)?