windows for oscp

gunmrgunmr Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
How can I prepare for windows machines before taking the pwk?

Comments

• JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    If you mean getting your Windows machine ready for labbing, the go to is VMware Player or Workstation, then installing the Kali image given to you from OffSec. I myself go a step further and have a dedicated Windows virtual machine as well because there are some security tools that are Windows based and I prefer to not install them on my primary Windows machine.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • blackedoutblackedout Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This has been my go to resource for windows priv escalation.

FuzzySecurity | Windows Privilege Escalation Fundamentals
  • 2230622306 Member Posts: 223 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i think what the OP is asking is, how can he prepare pwning windows. if that is what you are asking.. MS offers free VMs for testers to test IE. download those and set it up the way you want to and then have fun.
  • gunmrgunmr Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    22306 wrote: »
    i think what the OP is asking is, how can he prepare pwning windows. if that is what you are asking.. MS offers free VMs for testers to test IE. download those and set it up the way you want to and then have fun.
    yes, i wonder how can i prepare pwning windows. thanks for answering. can you share some links?