Home lab with no internet connection

mfnlmfnl Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi guys/gals. .

if I buy a lab off ebay... switches / routers and set them up in my room where I do not have a physical ethernet connection to the interent would I still be able to "lab" and practice atleast enough to pass the ccna (without connecting to the www WAN) . .

the reason is that the internet comes in through the living room but I can not setup my lab in the living room as it is essentially not my house...

Is there a simple solution that i`m over looking . . . hope this makes sense...still studying for a+ but its not too challenging tbh so just looking ahead.. ]

thanks

Comments

• PC509PC509 Member Posts: 804 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yes. As long as you can connect to your lab. You can set up your own WAN's on the routers, set up the routing protocols, and ping, connect, etc. the various interfaces to test connectivity (or create a loopback on a 'remote' router).

Definitely enough to pass the CCNA.
  • mfnlmfnl Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    PC509 wrote: »
    Yes. As long as you can connect to your lab. You can set up your own WAN's on the routers, set up the routing protocols, and ping, connect, etc. the various interfaces to test connectivity (or create a loopback on a 'remote' router).

Definitely enough to pass the CCNA.

Thanks for the response. Gives me some comfort knowing I can get some lab work done on real gear. Will look back to this post when im setup to have a test out some of the things you mention...loopback etc.

Thanks again
  • mfnlmfnl Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just bought a WAP so will set that up in my room and run it into a Cisco router ..and that will be my access to isp for my lab network... wireless bridge into a Cisco router to form a new network(or dmz) if I'm not mistaken. .