Ok hey guys i'm 21 years old and studying into the Network+

just to update you on the subjects i'm currently comftable with

Topologies
IEE Standards
OSI - I can remember the order of layers and where the LLC and Mac fits in
Network Devices

I still need to focus my efforts on

Cable types and Connectors, Port numbers, Troubleshooting and the OSI

what should I really focus on for the real exam what I mean is what subjects are heavily in the exam?

And can anybody provide me with good testing solutions like free exams and questions

many thanks
Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "

Comments

• goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    Ally,

I think you are in the right place for that information. This site will provide you with a wealth of information. Their are guides and test questions on this site to start with and the many other posts that have covered this topic already. Not trying to be smart, just go back through the older posts and read. You will find many suggestions. The people on this forum are very helpful.
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • cchampcchamp Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i would say get the objectives from comptia site and use the sybex book, also look at the notes on here and u should have a better understanding of the strong points u need to go over, the test is not hard at all
  • ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I feel pretty comftable with the Network+ material I don't really think it's that challenging to be honest

So I have decided to book myself up on the CCNA course for a JAN start i'm looking forward to it

But paying £1700 for the course is this a good investment?

What are the benefits of being CCNA qualified

BTW I also am studying for Network+ and will take the exam next year aswell

Thanks
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "
  • snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    cchamp wrote:
    i would say get the objectives from comptia site and use the sybex book, also look at the notes on here and u should have a better understanding of the strong points u need to go over, the test is not hard at all

My school uses the sybex network + book as well, Im finding it to be a decent resource. But this site as well mcmcse.com are great too.