For IT Job Seekers

2»

Comments

• deneb829deneb829 Member Posts: 292
    Phil - looks good. The only thing is the junior level network administrator - you might want to only consider putting that on there if you are applying for a junior level administration position.

Let us know if you get any calls.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    One comment:

You should never post your clearence level online, in your resume, or even mention it to anyone other than those that have "a need to know", because your clearence level (or even the fact that you have one) is strictly confidential information. Read your packet if you don't believe me. If the job requires it, you will be required to prove it, and posting it on your resume for the world to see ain't the way to "prove" it. I've seen this done many times, but it doesn't make it right. There are serious reasons to keep it confidential.
    All things are possible, only believe.
    sprkymrk wrote:
    One comment:

You should never post your clearence level online, in your resume, or even mention it to anyone other than those that have "a need to know".

Oh great! Now we know too much icon_sad.gif

But seriously, Boat, I didn't know that either. Go back and remove that line from your post.
    There are only 10 types of people in this world - People who understand binary and people who do not.
  • boatguy1982boatguy1982 Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So how do I discuss my security clearance then because it is worth about 250K to the right employer and I was going to use it as a major bargining chip to supplement my experience. I figured if I could land a job and they were willing to train me it was a win win deal. They don't have to pay for a security clearance and give me some training. I get experience and a decent paying job. Make sense, I hope so I am sooo tired?
    Gosh, I just don't know ... maybe Mark could shed more appropiate light on the situation?
  • sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If the employer is reputable, you can mention on the phone/interview about your clearence. They will require proof further down the line, but your word up front will open the dialogue on how to procede.

If they hold a gov't contract that requires employees to have a clearence for the type of work they do, then they have a "need to know". We, on TE however, don't. icon_wink.gif

Check with your navy security officer or supervisor if you are in doubt on what/how/when to disclose the information.
    All things are possible, only believe.