My OSCP Diary

baegmonbaegmon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Introduction

Penetration with Kali (PWK) was always a penetration testing course I wanted to complete but because of my workload and my general lack of knowledge, I did not feel ready to begin.

Fast forward a couple of months, I have a fair bit of spare time so I obtained the eLearning Junior Penetration Testing certification (review) to prepare myself for the PWK course. As soon as I passed my exam, I registered for the PWK course and received my start date which was April 23rd 2017.

Background
I completed my degree in Computer Science at the University of Sydney in December 2016 so I am fairly comfortable with programming.
The only preparation I have done is the eLearning PTS course and also read about half of the book Violent Python.

Diary

This diary will contain continuous progress updates as I work through the course and will also be used to post the resources that I found valuable as I progress.

April 23rd 2017
- Received PDF and video package at 11:00am.
- The first week will be slow since the PDF is huge and there are so many videos to get through.

I will be updating this post (and on my website) over the coming few months.
I am aiming to complete by June.

Comments

• saragurusaraguru Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    baegmon wrote: »
    Introduction

Penetration with Kali (PWK) was always a penetration testing course I wanted to complete but because of my workload and my general lack of knowledge, I did not feel ready to begin.

Fast forward a couple of months, I have a fair bit of spare time so I obtained the eLearning Junior Penetration Testing certification (review) to prepare myself for the PWK course. As soon as I passed my exam, I registered for the PWK course and received my start date which was April 23rd 2017.

Background
    I completed my degree in Computer Science at the University of Sydney in December 2016 so I am fairly comfortable with programming.
    The only preparation I have done is the eLearning PTS course and also read about half of the book Violent Python.

Diary

This diary will contain continuous progress updates as I work through the course and will also be used to post the resources that I found valuable as I progress.

April 23rd 2017
    - The first week will be slow since the PDF is huge and there are so many videos to get through.

I hope you enjoy your OSCP journey as much as I am enjoying it now!! :):)
    All the very Best baegmonicon_thumright.gif
  • baegmonbaegmon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    saraguru wrote: »
    I hope you enjoy your OSCP journey as much as I am enjoying it now!! :):)
    All the very Best baegmonicon_thumright.gif

Content looks very interesting so far.
    I have been looking forward to this for a long time so I'm gonna enjoy every second of it :)
  • SaSkillerSaSkiller Member Posts: 337 ■■■□□□□□□□
    How much lab time did you buy?
    OSWP, GPEN, GWAPT, GCIH, CPT, CCENT, CompTIA Trio.
  • baegmonbaegmon Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SaSkiller wrote: »
    How much lab time did you buy?

I purchased 90 days. I was aiming to finish in 60 days but reading the reviews from others, it doesn't look likely and I wanted to go with the safe route :)
  • TreySongTreySong Member Posts: 65 ■■■□□□□□□□
    baegmon wrote: »
    Introduction

April 23rd 2017

I also started on April 23rd, but today isms first day of study. I will take it easy and aim to finish by the end of June. I don't intend to give myself headache over this. My belief is that if you take time to understand the underlying principles, then it should not be too difficult.
  • oscposcp Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How are things going?
  • Dr. FluxxDr. Fluxx Member Posts: 98 ■■□□□□□□□□