Options

210-260 Passed!

KyrakKyrak Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
I got my CCNA almost a year ago and had grand plans to take the CCNA Security right away, but then I got this super demanding job with no work / life balance and moved twice so everything got moved to the back burner. I finally finished preparing with Pluralsight, CBT Nuggets, lots of labbing in GNS3, the OCG, and Boson practice tests. I tend to over prepare so I eventually have to just schedule the test and go for it. Well today was the day and I passed!

It took a lot longer than I wanted but I'm happy to have it behind me. Next stop is the CISSP! In my new job I've sort of become the expert with our Cisco UCS so I may tackle the CCNA Data Center as well in the future.

Kyrak
Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator

Comments

• Options
    kye.daveykye.davey Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    robo78robo78 Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats amazing ! Congats and keep up the good work.
    Working on: Linux+
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!! Which resource did you think was the best for actually prepping for the exam, or helped the most?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Scenicroute, as the OCG isn't that great (still worth reading though), I've heard the 31 Days before your CCNA Security Exam is a good book. I've scanned through it and it seems a good resource.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • Options
    JoJoCal19 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass!! Which resource did you think was the best for actually prepping for the exam, or helped the most?
    I learn much quicker by watching and doing than reading so the CBT Nuggets with Keith Barker was perfect for me (following along by creating the labs in GNS3). When he says "pay attention" or "you will need to know this" then heed his advice because it probably means you will see a question or two about that on the exam. I used the OCG when I just couldn't get a concept down to go in depth until I got it. The Boson questions were similar in scope and style to what I saw so would recommend that as well. I had read good things about the 31 days book too but I felt like I was ready so I took a shot. Having the Security+ definitely helped since there is some common ground.
    Up next: On Break, but then maybe CCNA DC, CCNP DC, CISM, AWS SysOps Administrator
  • Options
    p@r0tuXusp@r0tuXus Member Posts: 532 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations, thanks for all the insight. I appreciate this thread. :)
    Completed: ITIL-F, A+, S+, CCENT, CCNA R|S
    In Progress: Linux+/LPIC-1, Python, Bash
    Upcoming: eJPT, C|EH, CSA+, CCNA-Sec, PA-ACE
  • Options
    MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I always love reading about people passing. I am currently going through the CCNP R&S track right now. After I pass all the exams, I will then go onto CCNA Security. FWIW, don't get the INE series for Security. I was originally planning on taking CCNA Security after I recently passed the NA exam - the guy on there doesn't speak English as his first language (kinda difficult to understand), and he says "um" a lot. For me, it's very difficult to stay on track when it seems like he doesn't even know what he's talking about. That's when I decided to go CCNP.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • Options
    Phileeeeeeep651Phileeeeeeep651 Member Posts: 179 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! CBTNuggets was a must for this course, I couldn't imagine studying for the exam without it.
    Working on: CCNP Switch
  • Options
    TimBakerTimBaker Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Kyrak, how useful was the Pluralsight course to your preparation?
  • Options
    TimBaker wrote: »
    Hi Kyrak, how useful was the Pluralsight course to your preparation?
    CBT Nuggets was my primary resource and I used Pluralsight for further clarification of topics that I wasn't comfortable with. I'm glad I had both.
  • Options
    rodrigo91octavianorodrigo91octaviano Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hello Kyrak, first of all: Congrats!

Could you help me about that Lab you faced? I look for some materials, but I don't find things more accurate about this.

Thanks.
  • Options
    technogoattechnogoat Member Posts: 73 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where did you get the lab resources?

I'm looking for labs so I can do the practicals
  • Options
    hunterthuntert Banned Posts: 231
  • Options
    greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats!
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Options
    TimBakerTimBaker Registered Users Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Kyrak, sorry this is coming late. Thanks for the feedback. It's good to know I'm not wasting my time with any of the materials I using atm.

Cheers!
  • Options
    mbarrettmbarrett Member Posts: 397 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    FWIW, don't get the INE series for Security. I was originally planning on taking CCNA Security after I recently passed the NA exam - the guy on there doesn't speak English as his first language (kinda difficult to understand), and he says "um" a lot. For me, it's very difficult to stay on track when it seems like he doesn't even know what he's talking about.
    Not to be a shill for INE, but the instructor for their Security track is solid. I share your opinion to the extent that he does speak English with a bit of an accent (I think he's Romanian) so it might be more difficult for some people to listen to his material.