Options

CBT Nuggets Free Trial Question

TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

Since you have to sign up with your CC for the free trial, can you cancel this before the week is up and will it cancel the billing process? Or are you stuck with paying the month regardless after the week is up?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    GSXR750K2GSXR750K2 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you cancel before the end of the week you won't be charged. They will keep your info on hand so you can quickly and easily pickup a subscription if you want to any time after the free week. At least that has been my personal experience.

It goes by the time you began the free trial, so if you started it at 3:44 PM on a Friday means you're getting charged at 3:44 PM on either the next Thursday or Friday (I forget if your first day counts as day one or not), so don't let it slip by and wait until the last minute if you want to cancel.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Pick up a pre-paid visa card, load $5 on it & then if you forget they still won't get but $5 from ya!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    TechnicalJayTechnicalJay Member Posts: 219 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys and good idea!
  • Options
    Cisco InfernoCisco Inferno Member Posts: 1,034 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I recently did this.

Here are the steps

1. Sign up for free trial with CC.
    2. Immediately go to settings and disable autopay/cancel.

The end. You will constantly get a bar on top saying how many days are left in your trial.
    There will be no way for them to charge you. You cancelled the payment, they dont charge, and youre left with 7 days.

simple
    2019 Goals
    CompTIA Linux+
    [ ] Bachelor's Degree